SAU Community

G-Zone For M35S

bigkevracer

So I've been talking to G-Zone through a couple of intermediaries in Japan about doing a flash for an NM35 ECU.

They can remove the throttle restriction and the speed cut, which is half way there. They're also going to provide a remap, however that depends on what is in the car.

For example, before they can do it they want to know if I've changed the air filter, front pipe, centre pipe, rear exhaust and a bigger intercooler. They also want to know what diameter the exhaust pipe is.

I should be getting the rest of the info soon. How many people would be interested in getting this done?

EDIT: Looks like cost will be around $500 plus shipping! (Well, 44000 yen) But apparently there is a big difference between 80 and 90mm exhausts, and I'm not sure what implication this has for tuning?

Edited by bigkevracer

No idea why they think exhaust size difference btw 80 and 90 mm would matter. Sounds weird. Anyway I'm in. I have plenum spacer, dump pipe and full exhaust and upgraded intercooler. I would like throttle restriction removal, boost to 1.1 bar, speed cut doesn't bother me I'm not taking the car to a track and would like much improved fuel economy.

Well it sounds like they're prepared to do custom maps, so I'm sure you can get whatever you want. But it sounds like they want to get it just right, might even make getting an emanage redundant for me for a while :thumbsup:

I'm not going to get an e manage ever so I just want one decent tune with everything I want and I'm done. This is my family car so it's going to stay nice and easy to drive and with a bit more power and I'm happy.

I just want the throttle restriction and speed cut removed...of course this is dependant on whether this UPREV crap can do a remap for us or not.

Maybe up the red line to 7250...but I think the Emanage can do that already.

So GZONE is going to do a custom map for each car? Hope they don't get it mixed up...:whistling:

Ok so Mr Amino (the bloke from G-Zone) says removing the speed limiter is included, but removal of the throttle restriction is 15000-20000 yen. He also recommends having an external throttle installed?

Does anyone know what he'd mean by an external throttle? I'm dealing with a Japanese intermediary who doesn't understand cars, so I'm guessing its not necessarily exact...

So worst case scenario is 44000 yen for the flash and 20000 yen for the throttle restriction, so $720. Sounds like a win?

He might be referring to one of those throttle controllers that don't do much :P

I have seen a heel of a lot of M35's with them attached (sites and auctions mainly).

Don't really know what else he would mean, unless he means an aftermarket TB like a Mine's or Impul unit.

64,000Y + shipping + supply of ECU? hmmm, I think I'll try HKS first.

Would definitely be good to remove the restriction though :)

G-zone are good to deal with (comparatively) and take into account all the mods you tell them, but it is still an educated guess and you will need a piggyback of some kind to take full advantage of your mods.

Oh, and word of advice, don't ask them the same/similar question twice :blush::laugh:

EDIT: Having said that, if I hadn't already bought my Fcon harness, I would definitely be interested.

Edited by iamhe77

When you put it like that, I guess its around the same price as an emanage and harness, but with the emanage you can't remove the throttle restriction or speed cut, and you still have to pay for the tune.

Will the HKS eliminate either of these? My drama is no local tuner, but guess I could go for a road trip. Plus isn't the HKS really expensive? Like G-Zone + Emanage + Harness expensive?

im sort of interested. but shit how long do we go without an ECU.?

Well if there was a spare one theoretically we could all take turns sending it in one by one whilst we are driving around with the spare...LOL

But like Cam said...a estimated remap is never going to be as good as a real tune.

Richxz - If you are purely after economy and bit more power I really think you should just get an Emanage installed and tuned. It'll be marginally more expensive then the GZONE but economy wise should be alot better...

Gzone remap + shipping = ~$800

Emanage + harness = $600

Basic tune ~$250

Gzone remap + shipping = ~$800

Emanage + harness = $600

Basic tune ~$250

Where are you getting emanage and harness for $600? Cheapest I've seen is $600 for the emanage (new), plus the harness for $100-150.

And doesn't that still leave the throttle restriction and speed cut? Or is no one worried about either?

When you put it like that, I guess its around the same price as an emanage and harness, but with the emanage you can't remove the throttle restriction or speed cut, and you still have to pay for the tune.

True

Will the HKS eliminate either of these? My drama is no local tuner, but guess I could go for a road trip. Plus isn't the HKS really expensive? Like G-Zone + Emanage + Harness expensive?

Hopefully.

Price depends on where you buy one, but the harness was around the $400 mark (but IS plug in - no wire cutting) and F-con's used to go pretty cheap over here due to a) lack of tuners b) price of tune... but ever since I started looking, all the cheap Fcon Pro-V's have disappeared :( but figure around 1-1.3k plus tune I guess.

I will be trying out the Fcon iS as well as it is more a piggyback than a plug in standalone but can apparently control the variable timing... although we heard the same about the Vmanage! >_<

There is a chance that either unit may remove the restriction although there is only one way to find out!

I may yet end up with an Fcon iS and a G-Zone :rofl2:

If you can get this off the ground, I'd definitely be interested.

Maybe the owners of the spare ECU's would be interested in doing a rolling loan, with a rental fee thrown in, so no-one has to be without a car during the wait?

Rather than everyone buying an ECU then selling it, abit of money on the side to cover your inconvenience?:whistling:

Given the number of interested parties, you'd probably make more out of renting it out than selling it. Plus a warm fuzzy feeling inside from helping the Stagea community?

Just a thought.

Edited by Daleo

I will be trying out the Fcon iS as well as it is more a piggyback than a plug in standalone but can apparently control the variable timing... although we heard the same about the Vmanage! >_<

Scott couldn't get it working with the variable valve timing?

I'm leaning towards going the G-Zone way unless I can find something that tells me that either the Emanage or the Fcon will remove the restrictions. If they can I won't need to. If they can't I'll upgrade later and piggy back them on.

Where are you getting emanage and harness for $600? Cheapest I've seen is $600 for the emanage (new), plus the harness for $100-150.

And doesn't that still leave the throttle restriction and speed cut? Or is no one worried about either?

I got mine from Ebay BNIB for $500 shipped + harness for $100. I could be out by $50 but it wasn't that much more.

Well Richxz made it sound like he values economy above all else. Getting rid of the throttle restriction isn't going to help that...

And speed cut....well unless you're tracking/dragging the car, are you really going to use that? :whistling:

Yeah well I'm after a bit of everything. If I valued economy above all else I'd lift my foot ;)

As for the speed cut, I guess it doesn't matter, I just object to having a limit. I'm weird like that.

I'm leaning towards going the G-Zone way unless I can find something that tells me that either the Emanage or the Fcon will remove the restrictions. If they can I won't need to. If they can't I'll upgrade later and piggy back them on.

Look into the eManage then, I believe that HKS have sold out of the Fcon VQ25det harness's and they are now a discontinued item. There is one on Yahoo though.

I don't think you'll be upset with the Gzone :thumbsup:

Look into the eManage then, I believe that HKS have sold out of the Fcon VQ25det harness's and they are now a discontinued item. There is one on Yahoo though.

I don't think you'll be upset with the Gzone :thumbsup:

I always see that listing on YJ....are they having that much trouble selling a single harness?!?!?