SAU Community

G-Zone For M35S

bigkevracer

Well can't they just copy the stock ECU settings/tune then remove the restrictions?

For myself I don't need their guesstimate tuning...

I think you may be over simplifying the process of a complete re-map.

The restrictions are caused by the "stock ecu settings/tune" as you put it.

i'de rather get as close as possible, seeing as your paying for it..

Well the whole point is I don't want to pay for stuff I don't need!

Also, IF I ever want to part out the car in the future (heaven forbids if I want to sell it as stock as possible) I guess I'll need another ECU to sell the damn thing...

Well the whole point is I don't want to pay for stuff I don't need!

Also, IF I ever want to part out the car in the future (heaven forbids if I want to sell it as stock as possible) I guess I'll need another ECU to sell the damn thing...

but you have to pay for it anyway. thats my point lol.

n pay for stuff you dont need? Says the guy with 11ty sets of rims lol.

yeh but why would you part the car unless you smash it?

A modified cars value is increased only by a small fraction of the value of the mods; however if the mods are considered seperate to the car they can be sold off at a higher percentage to their original value.

yeh but why would you part the car unless you smash it?

Dunno...if I lose my job? My wife gets pregnant and has triplets? f**k if I know....LOL

or maybe I get a company car and have to drive some boring Ford POS....:blush:

The point I'd make now, is that people have been paying good money for "unknown" remapped ecu's from Japan.

You could easily sell yours as a "known quantity" with a dyno sheet and a list of mods required. And all of the parts to get to that state of tune.

Mr Amino got back to me today, and this is the throttle controller he's suggesting we'd need if he removed the restriction: http://pivotjp.com/product/thf_c/lineup.html

Apparently he has already dealt with more than 200 Stageas, and through his experiences NM35s get their best improvements with upgraded intercoolers and exhausts. According to him "no more (or less) exchanges are needed".

I'm not 100% if I'm going to do this now, as I need a faster solution so I'm looking at just ordering an Emanage. I might do this later to get rid of the speed cut and throttle restriction, might even be able to sell off the Emanage and run this instead when I'm finished with engine mods?

Mr Amino got back to me today, and this is the throttle controller he's suggesting we'd need if he removed the restriction: http://pivotjp.com/product/thf_c/lineup.html

Apparently he has already dealt with more than 200 Stageas, and through his experiences NM35s get their best improvements with upgraded intercoolers and exhausts. According to him "no more (or less) exchanges are needed".

I'm not 100% if I'm going to do this now, as I need a faster solution so I'm looking at just ordering an Emanage. I might do this later to get rid of the speed cut and throttle restriction, might even be able to sell off the Emanage and run this instead when I'm finished with engine mods?

Those throttle controllers look awfully similar to that blitz abomination...

LOL, that "Flat" one is basically the same one that Scott has/had (and did SFA)

Edited by iamhe77

Yep, but if I read what the guy was telling us correctly, you will require this unit to desensitise the pedal or you will be leaving 4 black lines everytime you take off. The throttle size on our car is just too big to ease it off the line, with the stock turbo kicking in so early.

This is completely negated once you highflow the turbo which I doubt too many have done in Japan.

So you arent going ahead? I would like to get my spare ecu done still if you are able to organise it. I dont care about the fuel and timing but I will definitely need the throttle fixed with the new turbo going in... It will be way too soggy low down otherwise. Im just not sure you should tell him im gunning for 600ps on an unopened engine. lol.

So you arent going ahead? I would like to get my spare ecu done still if you are able to organise it. I dont care about the fuel and timing but I will definitely need the throttle fixed with the new turbo going in... It will be way too soggy low down otherwise. Im just not sure you should tell him im gunning for 600ps on an unopened engine. lol.

Yeah I don't want to kill Mr Miaggi - more use to us if he doesn't have heart failure!

I can organise to get yours done if you want. I'll have to go Emanage now so I don't lean out the engine. Never figured swapping an exhaust would necessitate a full tune, and the exhaust is being done now. If yours is good, I'll get mine done and sell the Emanage, seems like theres as market.

Let me know what you want to do and I'm happy to ask Mr Miaggi and see what he can do. Sounds like he knows the cars which is a definite plus.

If you get this done will you ditch the Emanage (and Vmanage if you ever ended up getting it to work?).

Yeah I don't want to kill Mr Miaggi - more use to us if he doesn't have heart failure!

I can organise to get yours done if you want. I'll have to go Emanage now so I don't lean out the engine. Never figured swapping an exhaust would necessitate a full tune, and the exhaust is being done now. If yours is good, I'll get mine done and sell the Emanage, seems like theres as market.

Let me know what you want to do and I'm happy to ask Mr Miaggi and see what he can do. Sounds like he knows the cars which is a definite plus.

If you get this done will you ditch the Emanage (and Vmanage if you ever ended up getting it to work?).

Dude you don't need emanage if your just changing the exhaust, you only need it if you want to install the suction pipe and increase injectors size. Even then you don't HAVE to get an emanage. Cam isn't running one and his car's got all the mods done cept for injectors...I think.

And no, Scott won't ditch his emanage just because this remapped ecu gets installed. With the amount of stuff he does to his car he's not going to abandon the only method of fine tuning the m35. Unless he gets a fcon...

Edited by ironpaw

Well that solves that then. It is on my list anyway. I've never had anything this 'high tech', so I'm just kind of feeling my way and erring on the side of caution. Doesn't help when you read/hear/get told different things and you're trying to work out what the best move is! All very confusing sometimes... I have bought myself more time now anyway, so might do the G-Zone anyway.

I didn't know whether the G-Zone would be, in theory, a good ECU remap once Scotty's settled on the mechanical side of things. Would potentially eliminate the need for the Vmanage at least? Or just work better with the variable valve timing?

As an aside, did you get the V-manage working at all Scotty?

You have to understand that a remapped ecu with guesstimated values will never be as accurate as a dyno tune. With the power that some of us are pushing you need to get it tuned on the dyno, or at least via a system which allows for adjustments. Hence the need for the EMU. the gzone remap will never replace our need for a piggyback. The only thing the GZONE is good for, for those of us who's already tuned with EMU, is the throttle and speed restriction removed. So the gzone remap means no need for the vmanage...I think.

For guys without an EMU it'd be good for other aspects such as afr and what not...

Edited by ironpaw

The Vmanage works, I can see the input cam timing and adjust it but the frequency output differs between the hydraulic cam actuators on the 350z (CVTC) and the electronic one we have (eVTC). When I advance the cams more than 10 degrees it hits the end of its adjustment meaning 40 degrees or more, added to the fact I cant actually see the output signal cam advance or log it for some reason.

I had the cams on full advance at idle for a minute and it ran like ass, lumpy and trying to stall so it is definitely working.

As for the remap, I would love to just drop my car into Gzone or other to do a full tune, perhaps one day when people find out how good our engine is there will be a market for someone over here to do it. Probably just as I sell the car...

The Vmanage works, I can see the input cam timing and adjust it but the frequency output differs between the hydraulic cam actuators on the 350z (CVTC) and the electronic one we have (eVTC). When I advance the cams more than 10 degrees it hits the end of its adjustment meaning 40 degrees or more, added to the fact I cant actually see the output signal cam advance or log it for some reason.

I had the cams on full advance at idle for a minute and it ran like ass, lumpy and trying to stall so it is definitely working.

As for the remap, I would love to just drop my car into Gzone or other to do a full tune, perhaps one day when people find out how good our engine is there will be a market for someone over here to do it. Probably just as I sell the car...

I want the GTX

i joke

I may be interested in stock tune minus throttle restriction and speed cut.

Price?

Last I checked it was around 60k Yen, plus shipping. More if you need a spare ECU unless you can rent/borrow one...they go for aorund $150ish on YAJ...