SAU Community

G-Zone For M35S

bigkevracer

I would be in but won't know the extent of mods till the car clears customs... It's getting complied in Sydney, would any one on here from Sydney like to check it out once it has reached the workshop?

I'll get the name of the workshop and get back to you :)

Isn't Northshore the only place in Sydney approved to comply M35s?

Anyway, when I looked at your car before I bought mine, I got the impression it had an Impul ECU, in which case you won't need a flash I wouldn't have thought.

So me, Scott, Tonto, Dale. I'll talk to my intermediary on Monday and see what kind of deal we can get, be good to get a couple more people and make it sound worthwhile.

Does everyone have the same 3" (80mm?) exhaust?

My name is actually Rich. Lol! I don't think it matters if you don't have the exhaust right now lets get the tuning done for an exhaust i/c and whatever else and then you can just drop the ecu straight in and be ready to go. Three inch is 75mm so I don't know why he is on about about 80mm or 90mm, who has that?!!! I am definitely in on this. So who wants what? I want:

Boost raise to 1.1bar

Throttle restriction removal

Speed limit renoval (not fussed on this but it seems standard)

Leaning off of the mixtures foir better economy

I doubt the exhaust size would make much difference to max power with the stock turbo, If I was them I would be asking if the intake has been upgraded, lol. Of course that mod hasnt been done over there as far as I know.

My name is actually Rich. Lol! I don't think it matters if you don't have the exhaust right now lets get the tuning done for an exhaust i/c and whatever else and then you can just drop the ecu straight in and be ready to go. Three inch is 75mm so I don't know why he is on about about 80mm or 90mm, who has that?!!! I am definitely in on this. So who wants what? I want:

Boost raise to 1.1bar

Throttle restriction removal

Speed limit renoval (not fussed on this but it seems standard)

Leaning off of the mixtures foir better economy

They wont be leaning the mixture from stock, as it does a very good job already. If you want to save fuel, you need very good throttle control because the throttle plate opens to 60% at what seems to be 10% throttle pedal input. If they can attach the throttle to my foot I would be very happy. What was he talking about with the throttle, was he suggesting a cable one?

Isn't Northshore the only place in Sydney approved to comply M35s?

Anyway, when I looked at your car before I bought mine, I got the impression it had an Impul ECU, in which case you won't need a flash I wouldn't have thought.

So me, Scott, Tonto, Dale. I'll talk to my intermediary on Monday and see what kind of deal we can get, be good to get a couple more people and make it sound worthwhile.

Does everyone have the same 3" (80mm?) exhaust?

Well hopefully i score a bonus and it does, given the rest of the impul parts on the car, but if not I would be very interested.

He did ask about intake too Scott, air filter and intercooler specifically. According to him, there is a huge difference in 70mm and 80mm exhaust in terms of his mapping.

I couldn't work out what he was on about with the manual throttle, whether he was talking about the throttle or one of those throttle controllers. I've mentioned that to my intermediary and she said she must have got the translation wrong then, she'll find out more information when I'm ready. The more she talked about it though the more I thought he was talking about a throttle controller, so you could turn it down when you didn't need it as a safety thing when you have no restriction.

To give you some idea of what mine is like now, my missus drove me to the other side of Melbourne last night. I got a headache because her throttle control was useless, on boost off boost the whole way. She said she was barely moving the throttle but the ecu was obviously telling the actual throttle to move too much and with the stock turbo that makes for an interesting drive.

Normally I would turn down the throttle sensitivity with the throttle controller but lately when I activate it the ecu occasionally goes into limp mode (must be seeing a difference in resistance between the two potentiometers in the pedal sensor) which kills all power and almost idles down the street. Obviously I don't want this happening when she is driving so I had to just put up with it. With the highflow in the throttle is less sensitive until boost kicks in so that is the main issue, with such a large throttle plate and high boost, it will either force the plate open or just force past it.

I have already driven the car with a 70mm cable throttle and it was great, other than the cams remaining retarded which meant the midrange was much less responsive. If I must go back down that path I will, I would just prefer to get the ecu remapped if it will clear this up. (I doubt it will help much though). Unfortunately it has been impossible to communicate all this to the Japanese tuners so far so I have no idea if they can help. I think I would prefer to just cut the ecu out, put in a PS2000 and go manual.

Maybe he's talking throttle controller then, with no restriction in the ECU maybe he's thinking we should have the option of adjusting the sensitivity. Except sounds like these don't work properly?

I'll put some more questions down and see what he says. I'll ask about standard map, no restriction too.

guy's as Ironpaw said.....stock tune!!!!! just tell them you have a stock exhaust.....throttle and speed limit are your only needs!!!!!....you can piggyback and tune from there!

guy's as Ironpaw said.....stock tune!!!!! just tell them you have a stock exhaust.....throttle and speed limit are your only needs!!!!!....you can piggyback and tune from there!

The issues for most guys is the extra cost in getting a piggyback installed and tuned. I guess the good thing about the remap is that its a cheap way to get a semi accurate tune for your mods...though who knows how it will be like when u start adding mods after the remap

Edited by ironpaw

The issues for most guys is the extra cost in getting a piggyback installed and tuned. I guess the good thing about the remap is that its a cheap way to get a semi accurate tune for your mods...though who knows how it will be like when u start adding mods after the remap

True, except more mods after the remap would usually require a piggyback anyway, i.e. turbo, injectors, etc. Always was on the cards.

The standard Gzone remap does not get rid of the throttle restriction.

It is an extra optional expense, so might as well dictated other stuff while they have the ECU.

Can't hurt to get the guesstimate tune a little closer while waiting/saving for a piggyback.

The standard Gzone remap does not get rid of the throttle restriction.

It is an extra optional expense, so might as well dictated other stuff while they have the ECU.

Can't hurt to get the guesstimate tune a little closer while waiting/saving for a piggyback.

Well can't they just copy the stock ECU settings/tune then remove the restrictions?

For myself I don't need their guesstimate tuning...