SAU Community

Oil And Filter M35

Sage222

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone used a K&N filter?

Picked one up the other day from ABarn and it is a fair bit smaller than the Ryco (as in tiny!)

Then its the wrong one, just because the thread lines up doesnt mean its right (Thus why we were abusing Aaron before)

Anyone used a K&N filter?

Picked one up the other day from ABarn and it is a fair bit smaller than the Ryco (as in tiny!)

Yes.

HP-1008 is the correct filter

(hey, my memory is working today :banana: )

Then its the wrong one, just because the thread lines up doesnt mean its right (Thus why we were abusing Aaron before)

ah screw you all i've come to terms with and accepted that everyone will give me shit regardless..

Did you end up getting the Greddy filter?

What was the part number?

It should be 13901104 or 13901204 for VQ engine's :)

nah to be honest i went into CBF mode and just got the Ryco. doesnt bother me as i do changes every 5000km anyway

but the one i previously used is 13901104. little blue filter.

what do you think of the HKS ones? saw a few on ebay for $30//

what do you think of the HKS ones? saw a few on ebay for $30//

It is what I'm running at the moment with Sougi.

Will be changing it after 10,000kms (although I might try and stretch it to 12,500) so will let you know.

I tried out a Power Enterprise filer last time and have to say that all future filters will definitely include a magnet in them.

When I looked in the PE filter, I could see quite a few tiny "bits" stuck to the magnet.

As an aside, the HKS and PE filters could be one and the same... just the HKS is purple and the PE is white.

They both state the same features with very similar advertising. Look the same internally and about the same weight.

It is what I'm running at the moment with Sougi.

Will be changing it after 10,000kms (although I might try and stretch it to 12,500) so will let you know.

I tried out a Power Enterprise filer last time and have to say that all future filters will definitely include a magnet in them.

When I looked in the PE filter, I could see quite a few tiny "bits" stuck to the magnet.

As an aside, the HKS and PE filters could be one and the same... just the HKS is purple and the PE is white.

They both state the same features with very similar advertising. Look the same internally and about the same weight.

yeh but where other than ebay(or the net) would you get em?

i know the Drift ones have a magnet, but without an anti drainback valve i dont think they're the greatest of designs..

yeh but where other than ebay(or the net) would you get em?

i know the Drift ones have a magnet, but without an anti drainback valve i dont think they're the greatest of designs..

HKS from ebay.

PE from VisionR

The filter medium used in the Drift filters is shithouse and with no anti drainback = fail.

Edited by iamhe77

LOL

Why do you make it hard on yourself?

Look at the menu on the left of the screen and scroll down to Power Enterprise, then scroll down to Oil Filter.

Alternatively, from the middle section select 'ENGINE" and then "Oil Filter".

You will need the OFII-02A filter

LOL

Why do you make it hard on yourself?

Look at the menu on the left of the screen and scroll down to Power Enterprise, then scroll down to Oil Filter.

Alternatively, from the middle section select 'ENGINE" and then "Oil Filter".

You will need the OFII-02A filter

ok found it!

i shall try this out next service being in perth should only be a few days shipping right.

i'm trying to find an oil leak i have somewhere..around the filter area..

i lose a good 1.5 - 2 litres every service..

probably half the reason im doing them every 5000km.

and this is sougi

i dont know if your referring to the rocker cover gaskets.. but its not leaking through there.

i can see it from the filter area.. but stumped as to what it is.

A link to a thread outlining how to properly change your oil... because you haven't found your filter area oil leak... 1.5-2L every 5000kms... and... nevermind :rolleyes:

Edited by iamhe77