SAU Community

Oil And Filter M35

Sage222

:glare::domokun:

A link to a thread outlining how to properly change your oil... because you haven't found your filter area oil leak... 1.5-2L every 5000kms... and... nevermind :rolleyes:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah its not. no blue smoke at all.

i can actually see its coming from the filter area.. just not sure exactly where.. might degrease the whole lot a couple of days before the next service to see where it is..

turbo's getting fixed once we finish scottys GTX i got a cheap quote from Hypergear so will get it done!

and if theres anymore problems im gonna buy scottys or another stock one and start again.. what choice would i have.

Then its the wrong one, just because the thread lines up doesnt mean its right (Thus why we were abusing Aaron before)

Doh!

Cheers for the heads up. I will take it back, hopefully have the receipt still.

Hey Aaron, I hear Craig's got a good one for sale :P

Why go Hypergear? Don't want to go GTX?

Does the HKS filter have the magnet in it? Time to get ready for my next service I think, stacked on the K's since I got it!

why would i want craigs? mine puts out more power nyaanyaa.gif and im not even tuned properly yet...

i only need a bigger wastegate, ive got a stage 2 sierra and its boost creeping up top.. proves our housings are good!

i take it u dont know much about my car in particular lol

Its not the turbo's fault, or the car really. The banjo bolt restrictor would have been partially blocked in Aaron's car causing the bearings to fail. Can you imagine how easy it is to block a 1mm hole with crud? I bet most of the turbo failures have been caused by oil starvation as im running 19psi on the stock turbo for 3 months now without an issue, and at 225kw so the shaft speed is right up there...

buy craigs because its broken down less and killed fewer turbos :P

How is craigs broken Down less? His is broken more than all of us. Remember he does have a different engine coz he brokeded his other one.. Not to mention the trabsmission flaring through every gear..

Stop trying to sell the mexicans your dodgy yank products we all know anything the yanks make don't really last

Yep, Carlton. "Melbourne Business School".

Hangman's Tour at the Gaol tonight. Gonna bag me a ghost!

BTW I did actually as a question related to this thread, that got lost in the bullshit... does the HKS oil filter have a magnet in it? I'm running the Nismo at the moment and will be due for a change soon.

Yep, Carlton. "Melbourne Business School".

Hangman's Tour at the Gaol tonight. Gonna bag me a ghost!

BTW I did actually as a question related to this thread, that got lost in the bullshit... does the HKS oil filter have a magnet in it? I'm running the Nismo at the moment and will be due for a change soon.

ghost tour is awesome!

yeh the HKS has a magnet in it..

• 2 weeks later...

got around to fixing my oil leak yesterday.

drained the oil, pulled off the filter.

used a 22mm deep socket to get the plate off.

I dunno if it is just mine, but it was close to being blocked with a whole bunch of gunk. as if the oil have become almost greasy mud. to be honest i dont how oil was actually travelling through..

any way.. cleaned it all up ended up talking almost half a palm full of gunk out.. put it all back together with a new Greddy filter. and filled it with sougi.

once the car was warm enough after about 10-15min of driving, i gave it some Gas.. and found out my tunes is all over the place again and lean? didnt think it would make this much of a difference..

being cleaned i know ive free'd up the oil flow alot and the engine obviously. and at Idle, the car sound 200% better than it did 3 days ago.. and every other time i've done a service...

this could also be half the reason my turbo kept blowing lol

what is everyones thought? perhaps you should all check yours???

Cam/Craig/Iain: Please dont take the piss out of this my uncle just died so im really not in the mood.