SAU Community

Hoon Laws

R TUNE

Saw on Ch7 the other night you guys are having your hoon laws changed from july 1 thanks to a L plater who overloaded his car.

it was said the offencices now go to the following,

first offence 30day

2nd offence 3 months

3rd offence car crushed by order of the corts

and over loading a car is a now a hoon offence (AKA more people then seat belts.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's such a load of shit.... calling everything a "hoon" offence, any excuse to impound a car... what f**king bullshit. Impounding a car should be reserved for extreme or stupid behaviour such as excessive speed or running from cops in a chase for example, no just for having an extra person in the car (which I agree is dangerous but shouldn't warrant getting your car impounded).

talk about a f**king nanny state.

I heard about this, too. Shit is just ridiculous.

Not entirely sure how it works either. Say for example the Red P plater (who has passenger restrictions or anyone with more people than seatbelts) is overloading, gets caught, but the car is their parents'? What then? Surely they can't impound that car? :S

Or in that case is it perhaps changed to a driving suspension, or something?

But everything is just getting more and more ridiculous.

Here's the article I read

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011/tougher-antihoon-laws-for-victoria-25019

They keep squeezing and squeezing eventually something's gotta give and for some reason I highly doubt it will be the council. Something big is going to happen soon I know it, sooner or later were going to start following of footsteps of our UK brothers and of course it's only going to make them want to pull tighter on the reins not realizing they've already snapped....sigh in instances like this all I can think about is the movie V

I heard that that the parents would have to go to court to get there car back

I heard about this, too. Shit is just ridiculous.

Not entirely sure how it works either. Say for example the Red P plater (who has passenger restrictions or anyone with more people than seatbelts) is overloading, gets caught, but the car is their parents'? What then? Surely they can't impound that car? :S

Or in that case is it perhaps changed to a driving suspension, or something?

But everything is just getting more and more ridiculous.

Here's the article I read

http://www.carsales....-victoria-25019

Bit extreme!! But I dont think they realise that someone who is on their second strike isnt just going to let their car go quietly!!! Wait till police and innocent people are killed while people run from these stupid laws!!

What is wrong with this state fark me. All the deaths on the road arnt caused by 'hoons' , its all the retards out there that can't drive. All the near accidents i've almost had by people who are shit drivers, deaths from 'hoons' are minimal imo, there mostly retards dragging on princess hwy in there holdens.

If little old granny gets wheel spin in her corolla taking of from the lights in the wet will she get her car impounded lol, they really need to find other ways of making money then cracking down on a such a nonsense law.

Sure get all those dick heads in there crummy doors of the road but isnt all this a little to strict, whats all this going to achieve? All i can see happening is alot of angry people taking it out on cops.

Its getting to the point that people need to protest against this sorta shit.

I mean there are more laws by the day, yet less facilities, entry pricing that is increasing by the day.

It's a load of shit.

Not saying the Hoon laws are a bad thing, more so that anyone with a modified car is being labelled as one.

Bit extreme!! But I dont think they realise that someone who is on their second strike isnt just going to let their car go quietly!!! Wait till police and innocent people are killed while people run from these stupid laws!!

This is exactly right, the harsher you make the penalties the more inclined people will be to run..

Is it just me or everyday more and more police are pulling people over? I drive short trips, 1/2 times on the 5 minute trip to work I see a police car pulling another car over on Doncaster Rd, and on long trips I see at least ONE person being pulled over a day by high way patrol. The cops are really cracking down on everyone.

^^Agreed too, always delays and sometimes it's too early, sometimes it's too late. TOO UNRELIABLE!!!

How about we all get out and walk? Seems to be kind of heading that way with Greens, Road Rules and densely populated everything.

Oh but wait, I might get a ticket for "speeding" (walking too fast) or "tail gating" (trying to get past granny on the sidewalk).

Are they going to defect me for farting?