SAU Community

Wastegate Of Choice For Rb26 Gt35 Setup?

Hey all

Going for the old GT35 single conversion for my rb26 but the more and more i search up about wastegates, the more i am confused.. It seems the same size in different brands seem to flow differently

What size and brand wastgate do people recommend for a gt35 0.82 running on a stock rb26 to net perfect boost control? Id like to run boost control without an EBC if possible :D

Snozzle, can't speak from experience as it's not running but I using an old style turbosmart 48mm progate there is a thread that has a few equations to work out what size u need but a little confusing for me.

Tial 44mm MVR gate will be perfect and for under $400 delivered off ebay you can not go wrong :)

Running without a EBC is like trying to run with one hand tied behind your back, yes you can do it but you won't get the best result!

Edited by SimonR32

Tial 44mm MVR gate will be perfect and for under $400 delivered off ebay you can not go wrong :)

Running without a EBC is like trying to run with one hand tied behind your back, yes you can do it but you won't get the best result!

Weren't you guys running larger wastegates to help with boost control? I guess this will also depend on the manifold Snozzle is planning to run.

the current turbosmart gates look quite good. i've personally had success with the HKS GT2 gates and sold a few and all got nice stable boost control regadless of high or lower boost levels. they are not cheap but they are a beautiful gate. come in 50 or 60mm too.

Well i called kyle today and he told me the 44mm is too small and will cause boost spiking, he said the 50mm turbosmart gate is what he would recommend, he said the 44mm may work if its located on the top housing but even then, its not gauranteed and is much more expensive to do.

i think im set on a 50mm gate now which will be run off the manifold, i dont want to touch the rear housing of the turbo

cheers for the input guys

I guess 50mm is way to go,I'm running 44mm TIAL off 6boost mani and it's was working fine for running boost of 19 and 21psi,but once it was turn to 24psi it started spiking so I'm thinking I need bigger gate or new tuner :ermm:

Weren't you guys running larger wastegates to help with boost control? I guess this will also depend on the manifold Snozzle is planning to run.

I ran a 44mm on the gtr with 6boost and it was a tad on the small size but was still holding 18psi flat. New car runs a tial 44mm mvr and will hold 14psi dead flat.

We did use a 60mm tial on brads 34 but that is overkill and sounds gay :-)

50mm would probably be one oversize but work well. I just love these tial 44mm mvr, so small, cheap and work perfect

I ran a 44mm on the gtr with 6boost and it was a tad on the small size but was still holding 18psi flat. New car runs a tial 44mm mvr and will hold 14psi dead flat.

We did use a 60mm tial on brads 34 but that is overkill and sounds gay :-)

50mm would probably be one oversize but work well. I just love these tial 44mm mvr, so small, cheap and work perfect

Yeh I was hinting at the manifold mods required to make a 6boob/44mm combo work :)

I have a synchronic 50mm w/g coming off the turbine housing - which is recommended as the best place for max boost control - on my GT3540 on a Sinco customs manifold (similar to 6Boost) on an RB30. This w/g is highly adjustable so that it could be used to set boost figure quite closely but the Link boost control function will also be used. Car is a couple of weeks off hitting the road so I will be able to report then.

005-2.jpg

Yeh I was hinting at the manifold mods required to make a 6boob/44mm combo work :)

6boost now angles the gate hole on manifolds with the direction of flow as standard and plus a slightly bigger pipe and I think that sorts all the issues that we used to come across :)