SAU Community

Gtx3071 Install

scotty nm35

Added to that, I have seen a few of the stock bleeder points fail, one snapped the plastic pipe off and a few with the Phillips head stripped. Using alloy for the body and a steel ball valve it should hopefully be a more reliable option for that too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The upgrade turbo, a GTX3076 has been tuned today, I'm very pleased with how it's driving now and no issues to report.

My stock VQ25det with ARP L19 head studs managed 350kw at around 24psi on a safe track tune. Hopefully I can get a good time at Sandown next Saturday, fingers crossed. I just got some sticky 245 Advan AO48's to help me grip, should be a great day. :)

Spectators are welcome by the way. ;)

post-63525-0-45707300-1344077833_thumb.jpg

at all four? or was the front shaft popped! lol at .6 of target thats a PITA!!

is it much laggier with the new torque converter in? and no more boost spike issues?

Shaft was out, it would have made more if the dyno wasn't speed limited as power was still climbing. It still had another 1000 revs to go.

Not much laggier but it feels much punchier with the more efficient stall converter. Hopefully I can get the stock trans ecu to lock it up now.

The spiking was due to fuel surge I think, lean pops in the exhaust causing the turbo to spool to 3 bar even with the wastegate wide open. I will have to look at a new fuel system, probably a 20L surge tank in the spare wheel well with a 416L Walbro like yours.

20lt is a bit extreme isnt it...What if you were to mount a small (2lt or so) surge tank inside your fuel tank...maybe in the passenger side hole

I'm gunna have to ditch my twin pipe too mate, its smacking the chassis bad now, I tried to fix it but made think I made it worse...you happy now :P

like i said. a good stainless steel one custom for the boot space. im sure your skilled enough to make a drop in tank pump holder which would be plenty for a surge.. the extra 40-50 litres would be INSANE!

Realist mate, have you even looked under there yet? :)

So happy with the end result Scotty, or still a little left in it?

Very happy, its just running off the gate spring at the moment, plenty more in it if I lean on the controller. Not sure I need more. lol.

It's a conservative track tune, should be good to see what time it can do around Sandown. 1800kg it weighed in at so i'm not expecting supercar times.

Scott, have you asked to have the dyno setting remain the same from one tune to the next?

Getting a bit ridiculous that the settings change every time and gives little to no reference for the power readout.

Edited by iamhe77

They need to change to some extent, as the weather, temps and pressure changes. (this tune was at .85 correction or something.) Truthfully I don't care, I just want a good, strong tune ready for Sandown.

Hopefully I can stop fiddling for a while now so it doesn't need tuning again. With the hard life this engine has had I can't believe it hasn't thrown a rod. Time to enjoy driving it... while it lasts. :)

They need to change to some extent, as the weather, temps and pressure changes. (this tune was at .85 correction or something.) Truthfully I don't care, I just want a good, strong tune ready for Sandown.

Hopefully I can stop fiddling for a while now so it doesn't need tuning again. With the hard life this engine has had I can't believe it hasn't thrown a rod. Time to enjoy driving it... while it lasts. :)

Reply to your SMS white boy

• 1 year later...

Nice work! Inspired by this thread!

Could you please tell, or show thread, what controlled the ignition and fuel before the F-con? i've read about e-manage, was it equipped with another AFM? do you run just MAP or MAF also?

more info on ECU side. please!

FYI, VQ30DET also have cooling mod parts for VQ25DET, ready-to-install, same as pathfinder's, may be it will help in looking for this parts)

100513568.jpg