SAU Community

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People also need to realise that just because you own a nice car does not make you a hoon i have seen plenty of people go flying past me in there family cars vans utes, little toyota hatches, steryo typical bullshit is all that it is but its a shame that it will never be changed, if you look at the crash statistics i be that less then 5% of all crashes involve imports and the majority are just bogan idiots in there POS cars speeding. The imports can handle a high speed thats what they are designed for (not saying this is what you should use them for) and they you get your regular joe in his Toyota echo doing 150k down the F3 with wheelbarorw tyres on the car what you think is gona happen. The general public needs to wake up to the fact that you dont need a import to be a hoon.

Does all "chapters" (qld,sa,wa, etc) have this Code of Conduct as well? Or is it just specific to the NSW club? If it is only specific to NSW would it be a good idea to have it implemented across the board?

Not sure about other "chapters" have it Jason, but we implemented it 1 month after 2010 AGM and about 3 months before the CAMS Secretary (Doreen) recommended it for all clubs.

At the base of the NSW Membership Form it reads...

* I undertake that holding Membership of SAU.NSW means that I must not bring "Skylines Australia" into disrepute.

* I pledge that whilst displaying SAU signage, I shall drive courteously on the state's roads as a true enthusiast should.

* I understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU.NSW and thus, treat other SAU members and sponsors accordingly.

^ ^ ^ Nothing too harsh - not meant to be legal-speak - but having this means we're a respectable outfit 'er club.

on my way home from work tonight I was the ONLY car on the freeway actually doing the speed limit.

HIGH POWERED SKYLINE CAUGHT DOING SPEED LIMIT- 1000'S LIVES IN DANGER

LOL the media coverage of this makes me laugh.

I am certainly not condoning this nor encouraging it but I wish to shed my opinion on this.

I used to travel this rd every day for work for two years. I had a 79 rolla daily (and the fully built 33 for fun). If you didnt have your foot firmly planted on the brakes the car would hit 110 quickly. Most commuters using that rd sit on about 110 and nothing for every third car to be doing 120 including nannas and cops. Its a steep hill and a wide main highway. So it would take about 2% throttle in a skyline to hit the speeds stated in the media coverage. If they were racing then you could another 100km/hr onto those speeds.

I think the blow out form this is well over stated just because of the car that they are. Cops could pull 100 people over in a 2 hr window every day for speeding no worries at all.

On a side note; I do love the do-gooders on forums that say things like, omg these ppl should be banned from breathing etc etc. We all know jump onto boost in say second or third gear in a skyline on a flat piece of road and you can add 50km/hr to your current speed in a matter of seconds let alone down a hill. And realistically who hasnt broken the speed limit in there skyline by giving it a bit. These guys were silly and put it on youtube and got caught.

Its just sad that sau had to be bought into the saga.

As i said not condoning just being a realist.

^^ this man for PM

x2! Everything he has said i agree with, especially being guilty of it (everyone) at some stage. I also think they now have much more to worry about than the opinion of stuck up forum goers and a ban with the impounding and fines/loss of license they are facing. Of course though, it does put sau in a shitty position with the possibility of the media negativity somehow moving across to the site, especially if more than a couple of the guys are members.

dont think this has been posted, pretty good footage from channel 10

they sounded like they were going pretty hard for only doing 143km/h

P.S i love one of the cars number plates, RBDEBT haha

Edited by drunkn snail

'racing' lol... why do they always say they were racing!?

if you went to a track and did 143km/h you'd be kicked off for driving like a old person

and major LOL at the vans seen in that last shot of the impounded vehicles... that's a fair effort!

I love police-speak, they must go to some sentence structure language school in case they have to appear on TV. They throw in that many waffle words they have to think of what they're about to say, makes it disjointed and formal beyond their education level.......allegedly!

Edited by 666DAN

dont think this has been posted, pretty good footage from channel 10

they sounded like they were going pretty hard for only doing 143km/h

P.S i love one of the cars number plates, RBDEBT haha

lol... I count no less than 8 Commodores in the inpound yard.

Where are the stories of the Commo "hoons"?

Pretty boring story to see a RWD aussie car straddling a speed bump spinning up the rears in a quiet residential street I guess

• 2 weeks later...

lol... I count no less than 8 Commodores in the inpound yard.

Where are the stories of the Commo "hoons"?

Pretty boring story to see a RWD aussie car straddling a speed bump spinning up the rears in a quiet residential street I guess

Yeah I noticed alot more everyday pieces of crap in that impound yard then imports...

Yeah I noticed alot more everyday pieces of crap in that impound yard then imports...

well derrr. how many commodores accelerate to 260 to get away from the man?. LOL

well derrr. how many commodores accelerate to 260 to get away from the man?. LOL

I dont think they are able to get to that speed b4 they fall appart.....but srsly lol they said the 33s where not worth anything LMAO only the 34 was worth selling if i owned dem 33s i would be mad