SAU Community

Fpr (Fuel Pressure Regulators), Any Recommendations?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just wanted to report back.

After browsing the market I found that most Japanese FPR seem to be copies (unless you buy directly from manufacturer)

Telling fake and real parts apart seems also to be no easy task.

I also found that the standard Tomei/Sards are not good for high HP or high volume fuel pumps.

All things considered I have singled out this one (from th US)

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/regulators/efi-regulators/13101-a1000-injected-bypass-regulator/

It looks well build, professional, and has proper fittings (so piece of mind)

The price is about 20-30% more than a genuine Tomei ..

Cheers ... :)

Hello,

Just wanted to report back.

After browsing the market I found that most Japanese FPR seem to be copies (unless you buy directly from manufacturer)

Telling fake and real parts apart seems also to be no easy task.

I also found that the standard Tomei/Sards are not good for high HP or high volume fuel pumps.

All things considered I have singled out this one (from th US)

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/regulators/efi-regulators/13101-a1000-injected-bypass-regulator/

It looks well build, professional, and has proper fittings (so piece of mind)

The price is about 20-30% more than a genuine Tomei ..

Cheers ... :)

I'm using a SARD RJ (bigger one) with two 044's feeding it. Not a problem. Also have a fuel pressure gauge and it follows the boost needle as it should!

Yes, the bigger Sard is actually OK!

(If genuine)

How much did you pay for it??

I'm using a SARD RJ (bigger one) with two 044's feeding it. Not a problem. Also have a fuel pressure gauge and it follows the boost needle as it should!

Edited by Torques

yeah sard RJ are about $300 and are a good reg. even the small sard ones are fine for probably 90% of applications, you just have to buy a genuine one which is nigh on impossible on ebay. from memory retail japanese price is about $180 for a sard reg, and about $60 for the gauge and maybe $20 for the nissan adapter. I see them on ebay with all that for $60... now you tell me if you think it's real... on top of that i'm fairly sure the genuine sard fuel pres gauges aren't liquid filled, all the ebay ones look like they are to me.

Hello,

Yes, that's the issue ... how to isolate a non fake one...

Even on YAHOO! Japan plenty of fake Tomeis!

Can you answer the following question.

I'm unsure as to how to route the fuel lines via the FPR.

Should I:

1. Coming from the pump go first into -> FPR and then into the Fuel rail (need a 2 port FPR then)

or

2. Coming from the pump go first into -> Fuel Rail and then (from the other end of the rail) into the FPR?

Or doesn't it matter, since the pressure should be the same (along the line) as long as the regulator is attached anywhere on the pressue side?

Also:

Shinuku?

I lived there for a year!

Edited by Torques

Hello,

Yes, that's the issue ... how to isolate a non fake one...

Even on YAHOO! Japan plenty of fake Tomeis!

Can you answer the following question.

I'm unsure as to how to route the fuel lines via the FPR.

Should I:

1. Coming from the pump go first into -> FPR and then into the Fuel rail (need a 2 port FPR then)

or

2. Coming from the pump go first into -> Fuel Rail and then (from the other end of the rail) into the FPR?

Or doesn't it matter, since the pressure should be the same (along the line) as long as the regulator is attached anywhere on the pressue side?

Also:

Shinuku?

I lived there for a year!

Number 2.

FPR has to be on the return side unless your running a returnless system in which case you can T off the feed line and have the reg going directly back to the fuel tank. but for a basic setup leave it as per standard

Thanks for the help ..

I asked the FPR-Manufacturer the same question (2 days ago) and here's their answer

(I will now go for their product, since it is genuine and the support is also there :)

:

Andrew,

The optimum plumbing for dynamic fuel delivery to the injector will provide the line from the pump be connected to the fuel rail first, on one end, and then out the other end into the regulator. If more than one fuel rail is used, a Y-Block should be installed to split the supply from the pump into both rails, then each is connected to the regulator on the other end (two inlet ports).

Hope that helps, let us know if you need further assistance and thanks for choosing Aeromotive!

Brett Clow

Aeromotive, Inc.

7805 Barton St.

Lenexa, KS 66214

913-647-7300 Ext. 109

FPR has to be on the return side unless your running a returnless system in which case you can T off the feed line and have the reg going directly back to the fuel tank. but for a basic setup leave it as per standard