SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Slushbox

Jetwreck

Hi all,

Yet another part for you to spend your hard earned cash on......Transgo Shift Kits.

Hopefully in another 2 weeks I will have available an exchange Valve Body with the Transgo Shift kit.

Prices as below and only estimated atm (will more than likely go down a little).....they will also vary depending on the US dollar.

* Exchange VB $500 cash.

* Exchange VB + fit with the recommended oil(Sydney only) $750 cash.

anyway thoughts guy's!

Edited by Jetwreck

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im interested, is it a stage 2 style shift kit that will chirp into low gears? Im not really keen on a shift like this, just want to banish the flare between shifts.

sorry...this is the kit that will be used....I will post up results as soon as I do it and get in the car.....from memory it was very drivable when I drove Scott's car....no chirping!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TransGo-Stage-2-Shift-Kit-RE5R05A-Auto-Transmission-/350313868972?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5190556eac#ht_2769wt_907

Im interested, is it a stage 2 style shift kit that will chirp into low gears? Im not really keen on a shift like this, just want to banish the flare between shifts.

The reading I've done on U.S. based installs (Titan VK56 engined 4x4's and 350Z's) seems to indicate the shifts at light load are basically the same as standard; and is not really very noticeable. It's only under full load (100% throttle) that you get the really fast, soild shifting with a possible chirp.

I think this is related to the fact that our cars feel like they retard the timing on an upshift; both to smooth the shift, and to reduce load on the box. This is fairly common strategy with autos (especially in high torque applications) and I'm sure Scotty could probably shed more light on the exact reasons.

So if you where to use 50% throttle, will it chirp 1-2 and 2-3 changes?

When I first bought my 180sx it was an auto and I had MV Automatics fit a stage 2 shift kit and 3000rpm stall. It was great when you wanted to launch it but would chirp into 2nd with 50% and more throttle. I don't really want the M35 to be like that. Must be getting too old pinch.gif

Edited by slippylotion

So I rang MV Automatics again today to confirm the kit he was talking about is the Trans Go and it is. He said after all the work of fitting it it doesn't make a huge different to the shifts. I find this hard to believe after my own research on the inter web. I know MV definitely knows what he is talking about when it comes to transmissions but Im very lost with his findings.

So Jetwreck hurry up and get yours in so we can get another point of view cheers.gif

Edited by slippylotion

So I rang MV Automatics again today to confirm the kit he was talking about is the Trans Go and it is. He said after all the work of fitting it it doesn't make a huge different to the shifts. I find this hard to believe after my own research on the inter web. I know MV definitely knows what he is talking about when it comes to transmissions but Im very lost with his findings.

So Jetwreck hurry up and get yours in so we can get another point of view cheers.gif

mine is going in tomorrow night with my current clapped out gearbox....all fingers crossed.....I should see petty much straight away if there is a difference.

BTW....was he trying to sell his own version of the VB??...and what kit did he suggest to use instead?

Na thats the good thing about him, he wasn't pushing any kit at all. He said there wasn't a "good" shift available for the M35 that he is happy to fit and sell. So he didn't have an option for me at all. Thats why Im really confused by what he said.

Eagerly awaiting your results

Edited by slippylotion

I went for a ride in Aarons, but didn't get to drive. It felt a lot better than mine, but I'd imagine it'd feel even better when you're driving.

I'd be interested to see how the Trans Go version compares to the RVO version Aaron has. I think the RVO one was cheaper too wasn't it?

If Aarons kit is just upping the pressure I would assume that could limit the life and reliability of the trans, unless the pressure hasn't been lifted too much but then it might not get the desired results. Its definitely better to go a modified valve body than just upping the line pressure. From what I know thumbsup.gif