SAU Community

Narkeh just bought an RB26DETT Cefiro!!!

funkymonkey

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Ni i got that car on the mailing list too, its awesome!

If you really are struggling for a grand im sure we could start a collection - it would be a same to let that car pass on by!

Good luck with it.

Ok a bit off topic but how the hell do you get into the actual listing of cars in J-spec?

They only have photos and a very brief description without the pricing?

They only send out prices on their mailing list (i think), so join it.

I wanted it as soon as i saw it :D. Was talking to Shivam (Deorbit) about it this morning. I even stated that if i had the money avaliable i would sell my 33 and buy this. But the funds must be paid immediately, so i miss out.

Great pick up! I hope it is as good as it looks.

GOOD LUCK!

lol well when i Ni rang me a few people had already put their hands up for it, but then a couple of guys dropped out n the main guy who was after it didn't want it any more cos he figured out that the car was too low for his driveway or sumfin.... he's a zed owner and we know how wierd these guys are....

so they got the paperwork all ready n shit, they've already paid for the car n stuff, so its basically up to narkeh to coff up the cash for this one and its his.

Car cost 750,000 FOB which means up till it gets to the port of departure its gonna cost him around 10k. lil less than 2k for insured shipping with Kiwi, 1.5kish for compliance, a few k for taxes n rego. Best case scenario 16.5k, worst case 18k. Its all there on the mailout (well mostly). I'll be following it pretty closely too as it comes along.

Might even get copies of all the documentation etc, to provide a step by step process of how a 15 yr old modified import gets intot he country for those wanting to import one.

AFAIK he's paid the deposit, so yes, its his.

w00t.. well good work if it is.. did he sell the r32 ? i know somebody in melb who is after a decent 32..

How much out there in japan across R32, cefiro, and import R31 come with RB26DETT (or i guess RB25DET will do) transplant these days? Is any one more common? Do 2-3 come up a month? Megs, funky.. anybody?

Do these cars with the conversions get slapped with dodgy RB26DETT engines or good ones?? Seeing as most were fitted several years after say a factory 1989 R32 GTR are they going to be in any better condition?

Well anyhow, i just want an RB26DETT with car attached.. the shell can vary AFIAC.

its luck of the draw pred... if its an RB26 it usually comes from anywhere between 90 to 99, moreso the earlier ones cos they're cheaper n easier to fit. with RB25DET's you're guranteed they're post 1993 :(

I've found that most conversions were done post 1997/1998, this is when the RB and SR conversions became rampant in the drift circles. Jspec goes thru shiteloads of cars every day, and they spend about 4 hours a night sorting out the ones that people might be interested in from the duds. If you see a mailout with more ceffies n R32's you're guranteed I was over at their office the night before :D roughly in a week I've come across about 4 or 5 amature drift cars. Not many D1's make it out of the garage before an amature drifter snaps it up, so those hardly ever show up.

Which brings me to another point. most cars with engine swaps have either:

a) died in the arse previously

or more than likely

B) been used by an amature drifter who inherited his old man's shitbox n wanted it to go faster.

Drifters are known for cutting corners when it comes to workmanship, so its always risky buying a car with an engine swap.... so let the buyer beware I guess.

hehe thanks guys... shame munkeh has a big mouth i wasnt going to tell anyone until i had it on the rd and just rock up to a meet/cruise in it lol ooooh the look on peoples faces that i have now missed out on :rofl: damn munkey

yes its fat as all hell! :) exactly what i was looking for... ive already made plans for it hehe

and yes a COUPLE of front bars im going to order from japan as well as a CBF/FG bonnet and these vented guards i seen also... will all depend on what i have left over after it lands and is on the rd.

will also be looking at getting another bucket for the front and then full leather interior... Pimp Driftor :D

my mate is going to lend me the 1k deposit and the rest i can pay off once i have the cash from my car sale... providing he indeed does buy it off me next week.

pred - selling it for 14k firm.