SAU Community

Official Cruise: 24.04.04 - Macedon & Spa Country

Jamezilla

It is the Outbound one [coming from melb] so you won't have to u-turn :D

but im from geelong...so will be heading "Inbound" (towards melbourne)....i think...confused now...i'll figure it out...one way or another...I'll get there :thumbsup:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western side of the WRR.

When you get onto the WRR from the Geelong FWY - you'll be on the correct side of the road.

Worth noting to all - that between the Geelong FWY on-ramp and the Mobil servo are a set of 'traffic safety cameras' carefully disguised as a road-sign. They are active and regularly book criminals outrageously doing 104km/h in a 100km/h zone.

Please be aware of this and keep it under 100 for this short stretch of the WRR (the cameras are on the first 3-lane wide sign after the Geelong on-ramp). The servo is no-more than 2km from the ramp.

thanks for the heads up on the cameras an clarifying directions. I'd be more than happy to organise a meeting point in Geelong if there are any other geelong liners thinking of going? sounds like a good drive that shouldnt be missed. Hopefully theres even more cars than the GOR cruise.

have to get myself one of those UHF radios from Jaycar or something too....

Nothing wrong with just shy of 30!

And of coarse they can come. Cruise is open to all as long as they behave (shouldn't be an issue with "older" guys). I have a mate with a TX3 that is prob going to join us.

I've never witnessed them being stupid nor irresponsible, but there can always be a first time right? I'll word them up accordingly.

And I'm not laughing at you if your post was directed at me! I've just never seen your car man and know you'd prefer to drive than to be a passenger!

Andrew: anything wrong with over 30? :Paranoid:

I've never witnessed them being stupid nor irresponsible, but there can always be a first time right? I'll word them up accordingly.

Then they can't come......us older guys have to behave badly...overcompensating to fit in :D

Seriously it will be good, and Ash can't have my spare 'line. Troy (yellowgtr) must surely have a couple he could put together.

No not at all (only cause Im not far away from it!!) Infact later in the year I will have to organise an over 30's cruise just so I can feel young again! haha.

Good answer :D I think Geoff will be happy about that one.

What time is our return expected? GOR we got back around 7pm from memory, even when I had to boot all you guys away from the rear of my car at the Shell servo in Geelong to allow me to leave early.

It should be a lot earlier this time. Im expecting to be returned no later than say 4pm. The difference is this time we are only ever 1hr from Melb city max at any point anyways so its much easier to go any time if you need to.

No not at all (only cause Im not far away from it!!) Infact later in the year I will have to organise an over 30's cruise just so I can feel young again! haha.

I wll be 30 in 4 weeks time [yikes] - count me in on the ADULTS cruise later in the year :D

Haha - you old farts. I'm not 30 until next year :P

You're gunna get a backhand from an old fart when I see ya on the cruise.

F**k I'll be 42 on Sunday so you have a lot of catching up to do. At least I still look good and I'm very immature.

Clarkey