SAU Community

Versus Gripp Wheels

OMY31T

hi guys, thinking about buying a set of versus Gripp rims for my C34 stag, ive read another thread with heaps obout the offset, but nothing really about 20" wheels, and not 10" wide.

these are the sizes i thought might fit

Rear:

20 x 10

5/114.3

+38

Front

20 x 8.5

5/114.3

+35

the car has HKS hypermax III coilovers, but im hoping the 10" will miss the shock, and being +38 sit just inside the guards as the car is fairly low.

heres a link to the wheels

http://www.versuswheels.com.au/_webapp_1228588/GRIPP

cheers.

Edited by OMY31T

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mitch,

Is your Stag an auto or manual? You will struggle to fit them under an auto rear end and they will hit the strut. My car is an auto with 18 x 9.5 +25's. With the 10" +38, you have 19mm less clearance on the inside of the rim. I have about 15mm clearance between rim and coilover body. I've also got camber arms to fix the excessive camber when you go too low, meaning I have more room that with factory arms on the inside of the rim.

Also, my rims are in line with the guard.

mmm didnt think so its manual, factory RS4S. basically i want to fill the guards out nicely, and this thing has a phat kit on it that makes the stock 17's look like they are toy car wheels. i dont necessarly need 20's but i want somthing unique and plenty of dish. the rims need to look solid and tough to match the car. any suggestions?? i have around 2k to spend on them, car is getting complianced atm, pick it up next week. i am planning on showing it as its immaculate, i have a 300rwkw r33, so power is not what im after.

there is another thread with pics of this in reagrds to the kit, but heres a couple.

IMG_20111029_130838.jpg

IMG_20111029_130852.jpg

as u can see 17's really just dont cut it. :D

any suggestions ? haha

Edited by OMY31T

You will be able to get 10's all round if your car is a manual. 18/19 x 10 + 20 should give you the look you're after. 20's can make a car look like a rollerskate...

Here's mine with 18 x 9.5 +25. 15mm bolt on spacers up front.

Picture097.jpg

awsome, thanks for the pics. thats exactly the look im after, thats good news,it means i can come down in size and buy some better rims as long as i can find he right offsets. i dont want to go all "bling" and dump it to some ridculous height, but filled out guards, maybe losing just the top of the rear tyres as yours are is perfect. as for camber adjustment, no idea if the car has aftermarket things or not, didnt get under it to look, all i could see was a nice set of HKS hypermax III coil overs :D

cheers for your help.

Edited by OMY31T

another thought... if i was really set on those oringal wheels... couldnt i put the 20x8.5's with the +35 offset all round....i know they would sit in a bit, but i could thow on some 8mm or 10mm spacers....

mmm, these things are a real pain in the ass to buy wheels for... i looked through otomoto.com.au but even there,with all the jap wheels i cant find the right offset.

heres another one, i found i can get the te37 style varrosten wheels in a good range of offsets in 19's. i was looking at going all 19x9.5 with a +22 offset which should sit nice??? or if they will fit, which i doubt, putting the 19x10.5's on the back with either a +12 or +0 offset....

i think they wiould look pretty phat, not really what i wanted but i need them before christmas, cant sit around and wait for somthing to come along.

http://varrstoen.com/blog/?p=650

Edited by OMY31T

have a look on www.option1garage.com

i know your in vic but they can ship + tyres or just use it as a guide (they sell a lot in gtr offsets which is what you want)

i'm planning on getting some gtr-d's in 18x9.5 +12, pending what they look like fitted (and my getting some spare cash for them)

i think i worked out you can get a set of 18's + 265 tyres for about $1600 from o1g

i looked at some advanti's that are for sale on here, not the same style though, kinda msh type for $1100. they were 20's, but still not the look im after, they are kinda more luxury style. i dont mind the ROTA GTR-d which have a fair bit of dish on them, and still have that jap look about them, but i found them only in 18's, and i really want somthing bigger, they do fill out the guards, but the cars ive looked at with them, like the C34 with the pink ones, the car is dumped just to get them in the guards to look nice, and there is no way im going to get my car that low with the kit on it.

Edited by OMY31T