SAU Community

Spc Performance Rear Camber/toe Bolts

slippylotion

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had a chance to fit these yet?

New tyres arrived today so I had another look at the wear & rears are surprisingly pretty good, but the fronts are trashed on the inside edge. What's the solution for that? Is there enough standard adjustment (even when lowered) or should I be looking at some sort of aftermarket adjustment thingy (that'd be the technical term, lol)?

So far I have only fitted them to the camber arms, got a little lazy. Took it for a wheel alignment and I should have fitted them to the toe arms as I planned, so I will fit the toe arm bolts in the next week or 2 and pay for another alignment rant.gif.

As it sits now the camber is at 1.25deg neg but need the toe bolts fitted so then they said I will get the camber near on .5deg neg with the toe set how they need it. They could get .5deg neg camber but then couldn't adjust the toe correctly. This is what i was aiming for when buying these bolts so all is looking good.

Very easy to fit the bolts. I did it the cheap way and bought an Ozito rotary tool kit for $50 and 3yr warranty and ordered a set of 10 carbide burr cutters from ebay for $30 delivered express. Both cheapies did the job without any fault and lived to see another day.

For the front I fitted super pro offset bushes to the upper arms. This gives you .5deg adjustment - or +. So my fronts are both sitting at 1.25deg neg. Before fitting them they nearly sat at 2 deg neg.

I did noticed my rear tyres are feathering a lot on the inside so they adjusted the toe in from 3mm to 4mm on both sides and se how it is in a few weeks.

What rear toe are most of you guys running to eliminate the feathering?

So far I have only fitted them to the camber arms, got a little lazy. Took it for a wheel alignment and I should have fitted them to the toe arms as I planned, so I will fit the toe arm bolts in the next week or 2 and pay for another alignment rant.gif.

As it sits now the camber is at 1.25deg neg but need the toe bolts fitted so then they said I will get the camber near on .5deg neg with the toe set how they need it. They could get .5deg neg camber but then couldn't adjust the toe correctly. This is what i was aiming for when buying these bolts so all is looking good.

Very easy to fit the bolts. I did it the cheap way and bought an Ozito rotary tool kit for $50 and 3yr warranty and ordered a set of 10 carbide burr cutters from ebay for $30 delivered express. Both cheapies did the job without any fault and lived to see another day.

For the front I fitted super pro offset bushes to the upper arms. This gives you .5deg adjustment - or +. So my fronts are both sitting at 1.25deg neg. Before fitting them they nearly sat at 2 deg neg.

I did noticed my rear tyres are feathering a lot on the inside so they adjusted the toe in from 3mm to 4mm on both sides and se how it is in a few weeks.

What rear toe are most of you guys running to eliminate the feathering?

Have you guys not put the lower arm Super Pro caster bush's yet?....the offset ones.

Edited by Jetwreck

Have you guys not put the lower arm Super Pro caster bush's yet?....the offset ones.

They made a huge difference to the turn in, not sure how much extra angle they give but it feels great in corners now.

Still yet to fit the camber bolts, or get the alignment done...

I havent fitted them. I won't until the factory bushes crap themselves. How much extra castor do they give?

How many KM's has your car got? You need to check them with the car in the air or else you wont see the cracking. From memory I got about 1.5-2 degrees out of them! They also help the car to stop ducking weaving!

As Scott said in the turn in theres a big difference....bring the car to life imo!

Edited by Jetwreck

Doing mine as soon as I've got everything ready. Have to send a set of toe arms back that don't fit and get the correct camber arms.

White line do some similar that are cheaper but theyre not eccentric. Pedders quoted me $150 for the eccentric super pros and I thought thats what everyone was paying.