Formula One 2012

N1GTR

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are a competitor to the 458. They look ok in the flesh, sound a bit muted i just came from the EPA but they go like stink in a straight line. So they are definitely a competitor for the 458 and not a replacement for the gorgeous, loud and full of character F1 :)

what was the mp4-12c then?

They are a competitor to the 458

this

haha touche. yeah i thought them a bit soft to be carrying the torch for the F1, but wasnt aware that a proper car was in the works.

ironic then that a 12C is quicker to 260km/h than an F1 on Corsa tyres owing to superior powerdown, faster gear changes and shorter gearing

and i gotta admit, the new car would easily flog the grand daddy around any race circuit, unless said track was made entirely of looong straights and sweeping corners

that said, I've wanted an F1 for nearly two-thirds of my life; I'd still give a nut to own one... and all of the nuts of the guys in this thread :laugh:

ummm, wasn't it the MP4/4 in '88?

15 wins from a 16 race season, with McLaren amassing a points total just 2 shy of the combined total of everone else

With Alan Jones and Big Darryl. The earliest non-Aus GP I remember is Brazil then Silverstone 89. I remember watching the Japanese GP one year as it was on earlier then usual but cant remember what year it was or who won etc. I did remember watshing the Senna-Prost bingle Mk1 through

Thank God those days are over.

Although I do remember seeing Piquet on pole in his Brabham (no idea of year - too young) and (vaguely) the fire in the hotel at Monaco.

I seem to also remember a race where the commentators were lost so Jones and Eastlake had to take over... and joke about afterwards

EDIT: 1983 and 1981 so says the interwebz. 30 years ago... damn.

Edited by iamhe77

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/26/lewis-hamilton-orders-custom-pagani-zonda-with-760-hp-and-manual/

The 2008 Formula One World Champion has reportedly ordered his Zonda (dubbed 760 LH) with 760 horsepower – the same output as the 760 RS we reported on a couple of weeks ago – 20 more than the track-spec Zonda R and 90 than the Zonda Cinque. And what else did Lewis ask for on his? A manual transmission. Apparently he has enough time with paddle-shift gearboxes at work. Solid.

seen the video of one of those in action?

they sound like an early 90's V12 GP car when you're up it. insane

sound alone is almost worth €1.6m...

And what else did Lewis ask for on his? A manual transmission. Apparently he has enough time with paddle-shift gearboxes at work. Solid.

Oh damn, much respect for louise