SAU Community

Sau Forum Battle - Come One, Come All!

R31Nismoid

will we get an auto response if an email has been received? or are you hanging off replying to emails until decisions have been made?

just want to make sure the email came through ok

All emails came through, email is pretty reliable these days when using gmail :)

Will send out replies once everyone has shot in etc. Emails still come in daily so end of the week will go through and work it out.

Hope you guys are ready!

Thought I'd give you a heads up on the competition!

Euro's, JDM, Aussie muscle, exotics, drag machines, track hacks, hot hatches, time attack entrants, back yard mechanics and forum enthusiasts in general.

Representing Supra forums Danny's car is indeed a clean example of an NA-T.

IMG_6315_filtered-602x449.jpg

Think your car could keep up with this bad boy? Grandma spec AE86 entering for some fun and to represent AE86 Driving Club.

IMAG0734-2-602x360.jpg

Kyne’s Golf GTI is a well thought out machine, made to look aggressive and go when needed.

VWG11_0042-602x401.jpg

Stock Astra? Think again, 280kw at the wheels and he's not finished yet!

astra1-602x395.jpg

This Aussie muscle car might have dominated the drag strip with 480rwkw but has chosen to enter the show'n'shine. Drag competitors can let out a sigh of relief.

IMG_0408-602x483.jpg

2.5L conversion, Will shall fly the flag for JDMST in the time attack category. Model in photo is Bettina Banks for those wondering. Google it!

p10404852-602x338.jpg

This Vr4 started life as a grocery car and is now Australia's fastest road legal Galant.

VR4-602x399.jpg

You just got beat..By a Wagon! fullBOOST and Warren will be doing what they do best; the 1/4 mile

wrx-wagon-FB-2-602x402.jpg

Nope, this isn’t your everyday CE Lancer GLi with a knock off Evo bodykit. Luke’s cars is the real deal!

Last year it won the Victorian Hillclimb championship (4wd Sedan class).

RobRoy2011a.jpg

Looks like a hot hatch battle is emerging in the FWD class for time attack. Rory has thrown his hat in the ring for OPELAUS with a very neat Astra VXR Nurburgring Editions.

Mighty-Apollo-Lane-Rory-Wallpaper-602x376.jpg

Show'n'shiney! Exterior has a custom full respray in Morpheus purple with custom airbrushed TME decals in carbon fibre & real flames, carbon fibre wing. Interior is also a custom 4 seater recaro conversion with full retrim in German yellow custard leather.

photo-602x401.png

Keeping the smell of fuel in the air is Glen in his Time attack RX7.

glenn-mallala-2-602x403.jpg

A Lotus Esprit GT300 GT2 LeMans Racer!

6706g-602x395.jpg

DAP-R Springs 40mm drop at the front, 50mm drop at the rear!

astragor-602x360.jpg

Jason being a seasoned time attack entrant is no stranger to the tarmac, competing in this years World Time Attack Clubsprint class setting a 1:43.0420 lap.

IMG_2046.256-602x401.jpg

Carbon tax!

EVOVII-v2-602x403.jpg

Open class entrant Nik Kalis. This well sorted car will be great to watch at the time attack discipline.

5742141907_e4c0a97ca4_o-602x401.jpg

Micheal or better known as SP BLING on Oz Mazda owner steps up to represent his forum.

gallery_683_20_192838-602x401.jpg

Bought for a measly $1200, John’s Track Hack AW11 has spent most of 2011 in the garage being brought back to life. He is the first to admit to Forum battle that it isn’t going to win any Show and Shine awards. And it never will!

p1040688-602x337.jpg

A regular track day addict, a Circuit Club organizer and an Advan Neova Cup Competitor, Narada has been to Wakefield ( 2hr South west of Sydney) more then most.

4286649005_7c9269e805_o-602x401.jpg

The first to enter forum battle was Darrin who wsa bitten by the track day bug has constantly been developing his Evo X.

RTRTA22-602x401.jpg

Euro Revolution owner Sebastian enters in his brand spanking new Golf R. Team Euro Revolution has a few more cars entering so stay tuned to our facebook page: ARC Forum Battle 2012 | Facebook

IMG_3916-602x401.jpg

More to come...

Does your car have what it takes to compete? Or just looking to have a little fun?

Join the Battle: Forum Battle | 1st-4th March 2012- The hotter the battle the sweeter the victory

UPDATED SUPP REGS:

CLICK ME

Major points to note:

[1] Time Attack & Rally courses have been altered. The courses have been made longer. This is good news for our entrants :)
    [2] Prizes and Podium information
    OUTRIGHT Winners ONLY will be presented in front of the ARC Podium and will accompany the rally finalists on
    a parade lap
    Pro & Street Class are both Separate. So there is "outright" for both classes.
    Out right Time Attack/Supersprint
    - Fastest RWD
    - Fastest 4WD
    - Fastest FWD
    Out right One-Lap Dash/Tarmac Rally
    - Fastest RWD
    - Fastest 4WD
    - Fastest FWD
    Out right Gymkhana
    - Fastest RWD
    - Fastest 4WD
    - Fastest FWD
    Drags
    - Fastest outright
    - Fastest RWD
    - Fastest 4WD
    - Fastest FWD
    Show Shine outright
    Show and shine top 20
    ARC Just Car Insurance Forum Battle – BEST FORUM

Shaping up to be sensational!

Hey Ash, how are we going for Street Car class? I am thinking my car with some good streets may do ok since most of our rwd crowd are probably not running factory engine and gearbox.

Shame about Time Attack not using the long track...but if you are struggling for competitive entrant for rwd street class then I would be happy to give it a nudge

The track it's using now is longer than the one it was previously. It was using the super-short course and cutting in the middle prior to todays update. So would have been mega short.

Street looks like Chris will go there in the GTR with some 285 or 295s. It'll favour street class to have 4WD as Calder is effectively a power competition especially with the chicane on back straight.

Just saw your "Big Red" entry.. Had me frothing at the mouth!

Forum Battle Update

Good news forum users. Struggling to decide whether to track your car or enter it in the show’n’shine? Why not do both! Any one competing in the Time attack, Rally, drags or Gymkhana will automatically gain free entry into the Show & Shine!

Plus competitors get to nominate 2 Pit Crew members who will gain entry to the event for $10 a day. As car nuts we know the benefits of having a spare pair of hands around when working on cars. Whether we were doing an engine conversion, swapping a gearbox or simply bleeding brakes the job was made easier and more fun with mates. So bring 2 of your best mates down and even if they don’t know how to change a tyre at least you’ll have somebody cheering you on .

p1040656-602x338.jpg

Sup regs have been updated and finalised, a copy can be found here: http://www.rally.com.au/images/stories/Forum_Regs_SR_030112.pdf

As if you needed another excuse to get involved; The second prize pool announcement is up. Forum battle is happy to have Motul, DBA , and Bendix come on board and support Forum Battle.

1. Motul – x6 oil and Motul fluid packs to give away worth $1200

2. DBA – x2 pairs of 4000 series

3. Bendix – x4 SRT( Street Road Track) sets of pads

prizes-2.jpg

Join the Battle: Forum Battle | 1st-4th March 2012- The hotter the battle the sweeter the victory

Where did the tyre tread wear come from? I've just read the supp regs for the event and the tyre requirements for street class are very ambiguous. It doesn't mention anything except that street tyres are to be used in street class. So technically does that mean that a proxes 888 is legal?

I want to compete at this event either in my gtr or if not I'll take one of my other cars(other forums) to it.

i guess i didnt get picked for street class

Typical of everyone - heaps of last min entries came in... And the tyres are now in question again (read below)

Will go through it all later in the week, i have no ideas who is "who" so to speak haha, just going on the merits and the plan to win :)

Where did the tyre tread wear come from? I've just read the supp regs for the event and the tyre requirements for street class are very ambiguous. It doesn't mention anything except that street tyres are to be used in street class. So technically does that mean that a proxes 888 is legal?

I want to compete at this event either in my gtr or if not I'll take one of my other cars(other forums) to it.

The regs - prior to the update last week had this:

140 UTQG or higher for Street Class legal tyres. Anything lower and you went into Pro Class (so RS3s, AD08s etc are legal).

This is now missing from the regs... I've shot a question off for more clarification around it now that it has been removed from the current regulations update.

So further entries will not be decided for Track until this is known as if "street" cars are suddenly now allowed to run say a A050... Then that changes the game once again >_<

I'm not particularly happy with the revisions to the regulations, and how often they are occurring. It is really making a mess of trying to work out a "team" when you work to one specific aim, then have it changed yet again (3rd major change now in 5 weeks) :(