SAU Community

Sau Forum Battle - Come One, Come All!

R31Nismoid

Going to start doing the S'n'S Thur/Fri :thumbsup:

The S'n'S stuff isn't changing any more - latest change was cars racing get free S'n'S entry, so had to count those cars in, or out for numbers.

Also have the Red Bus Racing crew coming along... WITH the BUS!!!

S'n'S stand is going to look awesome

:)

post-709-0-30153900-1328072792_thumb.jpg

just got off the phone to bill stuckey regading this tyre crap..

He laughed quite laoudly at the utqg rating, sayin thatsome tyres dont even have it. The better way to rule would be list the known r spec tyres such as the advan a048, direzza, dj01, re55, proxes 888 etc and ban them from street class. and to have a minimum tread requirement of say 2.5mm.

At a track like winton the new dunlop sport z1 with a utqg of 200 is 1 sec a lap slower than a dj01. by the same token those z1's on a heavy car like my clubsport are about 2 secs a lap faster than the factory potenza's with a treadwear of 140.

DJ01 are not the 'fast' tyre. Putting the Z1 up against the DZ03G is a totally different story.

I know this maybe a little difficult for the Rally guys to understand, especially if you have been around for a while as this time attack 'stuff' is relatively new. But the UTQG is the adopted method for class designation at club level (I know CAMS Vic don't really know much about this as it is not reflected in there Sprint Championship regs) and Internationally.

When you have

- World Time Attack Challenge

- Evo Club

- SAU

- MX5

- WRX

- list goes on

using UTQG as the method, doesn't it make sense...?

Also, which tyres don't have UTQG that are 'road legal'? Some tyres may not list them, but I would imagine all have rattings available from the manufacture (website).

It looks like it has been a steep learning curve from the ARC to include this type of club level gear at their event and I have to say it is great that they are listening!

Also, which tyres don't have UTQG that are 'road legal'? Some tyres may not list them, but I would imagine all have rattings available from the manufacture (website).

All road legal tyres need a UTQG rating (at least in the USA) from memory we are the same.

Toyo Proxes R1R has a rating of 140 and the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 has a rating of 180. I would assume these will be two commonly used tyres for the event? :huh:

sycorb, on 01 February 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

sent you a emails with pics and details 3weeks ago you tool

Have you bothered to read this thread, at all?

I've clearly stated once the Regs are worked out, the team will be formed and then announced. There have been a lot of entries and it's not a case of first in, best dressed.

Hell the first post has this in it:

Not everyone will be allowed to enter due to the limited numbers, if you entry is approved it will appear here in this Official Thread. Obviously we are looking to win, or at the least place very well. We must select the best and hope you all support the call that needs to be made.

Didn't think it was that hard to comprehend to be honest

Have you bothered to read this thread, at all?

I've clearly stated once the Regs are worked out, the team will be formed and then announced. There have been a lot of entries and it's not a case of first in, best dressed.

Hell the first post has this in it:

Didn't think it was that hard to comprehend to be honest :huh:

Looks like there are some passionate members out there :P

Who is this 'we' that will be selecting the cars to represent SAU?

there are some dam quick cars out there and it would be a shame if they

were overlooked. I know the EVO crew well that will be heading down from

NSW to represent EVO OZ and this is the only comparison i can go off as a

reference of how quick the competition may be. These EVOs are usually at the

pointy end of all Time Attack events!

I can vouch for the quickness of SYCORB's R32.... but not sure about his manners lol

He is on a level playing field with the EVO boys and this is on a low boost setting

with only 3 outings in the car ....... GOOD LUCK PICKING THE CHOSEN ONES

:cheers:

These EVOs are usually at the pointy end of all Time Attack events!

Interesting thing is, said time attack events don't usually have things like chicane(s) in the middle of a straights :)

It's going to be very interesting with such things being included.

Sux to be Ash trying to pick the quickest combo. :)

And by "we" I think Ash means the people talking to organisers about the event. Christian about dollars to help support SAU representatives. And trying to on behalf of SAU get the best cars we have there.

If there is a sharper tool in the shed lets hear about it.

PS...LOL, I have nothing to do with organise SAU cars for the event.

I heard recently you dont have to be a forum entrant to enter, so i think I am going to enter the Time Attack and also the Rally Stage as it appears to be all on tarmac. Wont be an SAU Forum entrant. Just need to be sure my car is back from work getting done in Sydney

Interesting thing is, said time attack events don't usually have things like chicane(s) in the middle of a straights :)

It's going to be very interesting with such things being included.

lol are u for real u really think a chicane is goin to effect these cars. evos will be even better with things like chicanes in the middle of a straight a gtr has the advantage on the straights without the chicanes

you should be a comedian lol

Settle down wally before you get warned and banned! :spank:

Maybe there is a logical explanation as to why chicaines would slow down time attack cars?

A hard brake, then a quick left/right or right/left, then power out???? :blink:

Settle down wally before you get warned and banned! :spank:

Maybe there is a logical explanation as to why chicaines would slow down time attack cars?

A hard brake, then a quick left/right or right/left, then power out???? :blink:

I have nothing to do with this but I understand where Ash is coming from based upon what we saw at the TrackBattle comp at Calder late last year.

There was a full time attack EVO that wasn't as fast as a well sorted street car due to the fact that a) Time attack cars are generally wider with aero and have to slow down significantly more through chicanes and b) at these really low speeds they were well off cam/boost and there wasn't the chance in that layout for that car to make up ground with it's aero advantage/power anywhere.

In skyline terms the course used last year I would have expected the High Octane R32 GT-R to have been significantly quicker than their R34.

However - THIS event will also use the rest of the main circuit so the "best" car for the event will be interesting. Having raced the interconnecting track before (probably the last time it was ever done back in 2006) I can tell you the transition is EXTREMELY bumpy so super low cars aren't really going to like that at all.

Themeaning behind Forum Battle

forumbattle.jpg

Carforums have come along way from "my (insert car make and model) is better thenyour (insert car make and model)."

Itsounds familiar to a iconic race series we have here in Australia. But it wasafter Will posted his Forum battle Competitor Entry, that he nailed the meaningof Forum Battle on the head while sharing his feature on OZMAZDACLUB.

"The whole concept of the Forum Battle revolves around 'love'. We are allcoming together to appreciate the entire spectrum of car scenes and have an awesometime. It will be a big event with television coverage as well. If you want toattend one of the largest forum events in Australian history, this is it. Makesure you don't miss it and again, if you are interested in participating, it isnot about winning" – ttshark

"Comingtogether to appreciate the entire spectrum of car scenes and have an awesometime" Forum battle couldn't of have said it any better. Look past the nameForum Battle, the categories, and point system and it's a show, a festival anda celebration of what online car forums are about offline.

Inthe real world, where the keyboard is as useful as using a hammer to take off a12mm bolt, all that really matters, is driving our cars, meeting up with matesand catching up, to outsiders looking in, instantly we fall under the "hoons,reckless rev heads" label, and it's time we make a difference and start usingthe power of the media to make a change. Charles Kha, Chief Editor ofSpeedhunters, puts it perfectly (he's also been recently featured on Zengarage)

"It's not easy to be a modifier thesedays. While our scene has finally gone from underground obscurity to mainstreamacknowledgment (modified cars have infiltrated television, toys, video games,movies, fashion and music), we are now facing a growing number of obstacles…"

"…Thenthere are the seemingly never-ending pressures from society. While our carculture may be recognised by the mainstream, it doesn't mean we've beenaccepted. The media continue to circle above us, waiting to pounce the momentthere's a car crash involving a modified car or young driver. This in turncompels politicians – vying for the public's vote – to put pressure on theAuthorities to clamp down on us with stricter regulations and harsher penalties."– Charles Kha, Autosalon Magazine, Issue 85, 2010.

P11007911-602x402.jpg

Howdo car forums and the car scene move forward and stamp out this "hoon" image?Do what we do best: get together and have a good old time enjoying our cars theway they were built for, and show the media, the outsiders, that not all of usare "hoons" but are brothers, sisters, sons and daughters with one passion forcars.

We'veall at one stage or another, seen video clips from the U.S , Japan and UK ofepic car festivals. A field of 300+ cars show and shine, 9 sec drag cars,blistering fast time attack machines and drift cars that pump smokeeffortlessly. Events like this are alsonot a new thing for Australia, with one recently being broadcasted across allthe TV networks news show. But not all of us own or are interested in oldschool muscle and carby v8 powered cars (Even though I understand and recognizeits importance) a utopian like event still doesn't exist.

It'stime to embrace the lifestyle we love and work so hard for, cause car cultureis here to stay and so we should be proud of it.

ForumBattle Team

First page update with SAU's FULL Entry listing.

Congratulations to everyone for submitting

Still one 1/4 mile spot. If you have a car that is in the mid 10-sec bracket or lower, shot through an application.

Drivers/Entrants will receive an email this evening with more detailed information.

Front SAU Page will be updated with pictures of cars etc over the coming days!

Going to be HUGE

Entrant Listing & Driver/Car Info

Time Attack (2 entries)

• Pro Class - Adam Newton "BIG RED" R32 GTS-t
  • Street Class - sycorb R32 GTR

Rally Stage/One-Lap Dash (2 entries)

• Pro Class - Chris Thomson R33 GTR
  • Street Class - sycorb R32 GTR

Gymkhana (2 entries)

• Pro Class - Chris Thomson R33 GTR
  • Street Class - Reece McIntosh R32 GTS-t

Drag/Quarter Mile Sprint (4 entries)

• Paul - R32 GTR (RH9GTR) (TBC after shakedown in the next week)
  • Jeremy - R33 GTS-t or GTR
  • Beau - R32 GTR (the old Twoogle) (TBC after shakedown in the next week)
  • 4th Spot - STILL FREE anyone in the 10s free? :)

Show n Shine (20 entries)

• Andrew Richmond - R35 GT-R
  • Anthony Grech - R34 GTR
  • Daniel Chin - R34 GTR
  • Derek Hyde - R34 GTR
  • Chris Sama - R34 GTR
  • Stephen Adornato - R33 GTR
  • Jeremy - R33 GTS-t or GTR
  • Chris Thomson - R33 GTR
  • Red Bus Racing - BUS & R32 GTR
  • Paul - R32 GTR (RH9GTR)
  • Beau - R32 GTR (the old Twoogle)