SAU Community

Sau Forum Battle - Come One, Come All!

R31Nismoid

The plot thinens.

confused.gif

I like to support MS in VIC, but the continued reg changes and now a 'street' class where you can run r-compound tyres...I fully realise you cannot accommodate all. But that is a real disappointment.

What know distinguishes 'Street' from 'Pro' ?!?!?

'Street Legal Tyres' include any DOT approved tyre basically and 'Pro' is free except slicks, so the same tyres as 'Street'?!?!

Also the suspension mounting points, aero, weight reduction etc etc.

Why have 'Street' and 'Pro' if there is no clear distinction?!?

Aye indeed my friend, if R-comps are allowed in "street" class, IMO that essentially ruins the essences of it!

Hence the 140 UTQG was a sensible limit to keep it to high performance street tyres only.

But ye, will find out more and update when i have the answers.

We went through this tyre stuff before in sa and basically had similar problems. Not only that there seems to be no restrictions on tyre size either... I did some testing for bridgestone at the release of the adrenaline and on an mx5 they were as fast as a re55 from a few years before. It really makes the tyre ruling very hard to policebut if there is a clear rule then obviously if chosen we can buy tyres to suit the class... After all no point in coming second;)

While the latest batch of sticky road tyres 140/180 UTQG things, maybe closer then ever to the r-compound 'semi-slicks'. There is a marked performance difference and price difference.

Sprint events / time attack don't generally have restrictions on tyre size. As generally the manufactures of '90's JDM cars under tyred the cars to an extreme. Try running around on 215's in a 1400kg street GTST with >200rwkw.

Also the suspension mounting points, aero, weight reduction etc etc.

Why have 'Street' and 'Pro' if there is no clear distinction?!?

Aero is free as long as its safe, weight reduction is free

Why have 'Street' and 'Pro' if there is noclear distinction?!?-Street is for street registered cars, Pro allows none registered vehicles toenter the competition.

Edited by motorculture

Aero is free as long as its safe, weight reduction is free

Why have 'Street' and 'Pro' if there is noclear distinction?!?-Street is for street registered cars, Pro allows none registered vehicles toenter the competition.

Rego doesn't mean much in this form of motorsport. When street rego'd cars are doing <34 at Winton...

Typical of everyone - heaps of last min entries came in... And the tyres are now in question again (read below)

Will go through it all later in the week, i have no ideas who is "who" so to speak haha, just going on the merits and the plan to win :)

sent you a emails with pics and details 3weeks ago you tool

sent you a emails with pics and details 3weeks ago you tool

Have you bothered to read this thread, at all?

I've clearly stated once the Regs are worked out, the team will be formed and then announced. There have been a lot of entries and it's not a case of first in, best dressed.

Hell the first post has this in it:

Not everyone will be allowed to enter due to the limited numbers, if you entry is approved it will appear here in this Official Thread. Obviously we are looking to win, or at the least place very well. We must select the best and hope you all support the call that needs to be made.

Didn't think it was that hard to comprehend to be honest :huh: