SAU Community

OK who was at the Sandown Track Day today?

Ronin 09

I saw a couple of R33s, and an R34 with Ps, particularly a red 33 gtst that had skylines austtralia stickers on it - looked suspiciously like skylinegeoff's avatar :cheers:

I was the silver 33 gtst with the stealth wing :P

Ronin 09.

I was the R34 GTR with the Ice stickers. There were a whole lot of skylines there on the day wasn't there! (Although not all of them were racing)

Infact considering it was supposed to be the Maserati Club day, it really should have been called the Skyline and Porsche day.

There were a number of guys from here that were there. The red 33 was infact Skylinegeoff. Brutus was there but he didnt run and neither did James (but thats because he's WEAK! haha!) Tim who comes on the cruises was also there (user name I dont know) and he's damn quick. The R34 GT-T with P Plates was (I think he said) R34Boy.

But no one comes close to Ben from racepace. I believe yesterday he broke the marque sports car track record at Sandown with a 1.16.89. From what Im told the V8's circulate slower than that.

The other "highlight" for the day was the twin pair of Ferarri 360 Modena's running on full slick Perelli P Zero's. And in yesterdays second practice it started to rain (I came off after 2 laps as I couldnt keep my car on the track it was so damn slippery) but one of the Ferrari's on SLICKS decided to keep at it...... and ended up in the wall. Hopefully someone on here will post some pics of it soon.

But overall it was a great day (abiet a little dodgy in the morning) Was really good to see so many skylines on the track as well as so many other great cars.

:)

Dodgy = wet.

Apparently I discovered that Sandown has 9 different surfaces around the track and some of them dont like ANY water (especially turn 2!) Car tended to want to go straight rather than around the corner. Was dodgy.

There was a real photographer there taking action shots - with a much faster camera than mine... but you get the idea:

Captain Helmet

helmet.jpg

34s.jpg

geoff_and_snow.jpg

speedygeoff.jpg

snowman_beat_porsche.jpg

This was in the carpark - not racing though...

nice34.jpg

The one in the carpark is my mate's - Steve from the Maserati Club...

Should have wandered over and said hi to you guys, but was too excited about the track action... :P

Here I am, blurry, but here!

Posted by Snowman  

But no one comes close to Ben from racepace. I believe yesterday he broke the marque sports car track record at Sandown with a 1.16.89. From what Im told the V8's circulate slower than that.

Not quite Snowman,

If it's the V8 supercars you meant, the lap record is 1:10 in a qualifying session. They'd go around in 1:12s or so, in race day.

Sandown lap records

That obviously is not comparable to Ben's effort, which is simply outstanding to say the least. All should know that Ben is in a class of his own when it comes to this kind of stuff.

What times did you manage Snowman, 1:29 you did a few weeks ago is an excellent effort as well, especially for a first time out effort.

Posted by Jamezilla  

There was a real photographer there taking action shots - with a much faster camera than mine... but you get the idea:

Slow car... slow camera.... We get the idea James, you are a slow kinda guy in general.

Does your camera shoot any flames...?

Sorry man, couldn't resist it. :P

If you wait a little once the vic SAU club is up and running we may be affiliated with NissanDatsun sports car club who have CAM's.

As was discussed at the MAS/Committee meeting last week... (might have been after you left Adam)

SAU - Vic will not have any affiliation with NDSOC in relation to CAMS etc.

Members wanting to do track will have to join with them directly.

We looked into it and currently... aint gonna happen

For more Info, see myself/Snowman/Jameszilla.

we are all upto date with whats going on there and can provide more information if you like :P

Emre - thanks for the clarification (and the website - Id been looking for one on Sandown but couldnt find it!) Technically I believe Ben comes under the catagory of Marque Sports and if so the record is his.

As for the V8's - I was only going by what I was told by someone on Sunday who said the V8's lapped in the 1.17's.

As for my own performance.... well it was down on my first time when I was lapping in the low 1.28's (best was a 1.28.1) However on Sunday I discovered that the IDIOT that I lent my wheels to for MAS had driven over a screw and put a slow puncture in one of my wheels meaning that basically my tyre pressures were dropping from 35 to 22 in just a few laps so traction was an issue. So only low 1.29's yesterday for me.

Tyre has been repaired this morning and will have to wait for May 30th for the next Sandown day to get into the 1.27's.

Ronin 9 - now that you have showed the pic I know your car - would have been better if you said the silver 33 with buddy clubs! There were so many silver skylines there yesterday even though a lot werent running! BTW - what times did you manage?

Scotsman - will reply to PM shortly (aka after lunch!)

However on Sunday I discovered that the IDIOT that I lent my wheels to for MAS had driven over a screw and put a slow puncture in one of my wheels

:Oops: :Oops: :Oops:

I didnt know i'd driven over it till we pulled the wheels off...

I'll cover the cost of the repair though. I'm not that much of an assh0le :P

Or you could sell me the wheels/tyres...

They'd be going cheap as damaged goods :ghost:

bahahaha ash... nicely executed plan.. damage the goods then buy em cheap!

:P

once my ceffy has landed and is on the rd... I'LL BE THERE!@!@!@!@!@!@!@

Sorry Snowman, should have been more specific :P

My best time was 1:37s - not bad for stock suspension and a crap driver!!

My first time out on the track was like 1:5's hahaha

What did other GTSts run?