SAU Community

Nismo Super Coppermix

I'm hearing Mixed things about the Nismo super coppermix twin plate clutch. Some people say its good, some say its bad. I don't know who to believe.

I Have come here for your opinions so I don't, Find out the hard way by buying it.

- Is it streetable?

- Noises throughout gear changes?

- problems to tranny?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably the most streetable twin plate clutch on the market.

Given the amount of people posting in this very section about having one, and how good they are...

Should be more than enough information.

I'd like to know what someone can possibly say about one that's negative. Anyone saying they're crap must not own one or have ever driven one.

Forget all the junk you have heard. The two above me and myself are using them. No issues, no complaints and definitely won't be changing to anything 'better'.

Just buy one and be another happy camper.

I also run one in my car, best clutch i have ever used.

Drive my car daily, very streetable and i drive in peak hr traffic

Dont know what noises you are referring too, only noise i picked up on was during first 1500kms it rattled but now is silent so must be a bedding in issue

you will not be disappointed when you buy one, lets face it you will if you want the best

Thanks for you response the noise I'm referring to is a crunch during gear changes. I think Might buy the clutch, I just had make sure so I don't regret anything after purchase.

The type of clutch I need to get is a push type for the 89 gtrs is this correct? And what's the difference between twin plate and competition?

Just a heavy pressure plate. The friction plates are the same. Normal version is rated at 640 ps and the competition is rated at 780 ps IIRC. For the sake of a little more just get the big one.

The only sound you'll here is the frustrated howls of different brand users.

Nismo clutch by far the most user friendly street and track able clutch out there.

Get it and you'll never regret it .

:thumbsup:

Thanks for you response the noise I'm referring to is a crunch during gear changes. I think Might buy the clutch, I just had make sure so I don't regret anything after purchase.

The type of clutch I need to get is a push type for the 89 gtrs is this correct? And what's the difference between twin plate and competition?

Yes mate pre 93 you need push type and also clutch is totally rebuild-able

All the info you want here ...

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/competition/clutch/clutch.html

clutch02-5.pdf