SAU Community

Whats the best diff oil to use in r33

OYEAHA

i did a search on this a couple of months ago and found most guys in here to be using redline.

i did some reading and research on my own as well, looking @ neutral websites and see what they have to say abt redline and its was always positive.

i went ahead with it and no regrets whatsoever :D

expensive but well worth it. its gunna stay in your diff for 2 years so might as well get something top of the line.

no guide yet, so take some photos when you do it :P

Theres just the usual filler on the top at the rear of the diff, and a plug on the bottom. make sure you can open the filler plug before you let all the oil out....

takes about 1.5litres of 80w90 oil.

no guide yet, so take some photos when you do it :D

Theres just the usual filler on the top at the rear of the diff, and a plug on the bottom. make sure you can open the filler plug before you let all the oil out....

takes about 1.5litres of 80w90 oil.

The filler is on the top and the drain is on the bottom...

But you don't want to drain all the oil only to find that you can't open the filler...

filler hole should be on the side of the diff - just pour it in until it comes out the hole - then its full.

I use castrol 85 weight, works fine (no dramas yet). I have a 2 way diff, so I am a bit wary of oils like shock proof.

will better fluid help a sometimes open wheeling diff?

If your talking about the stock 33 diff, I wouldn't of thought so considering the viscous coupling and fluid is contained seperately from the actual diff oil...

Yup strutto is correct, it doesnt matter what fluid you use, because a viscous coupling unit is not affected by the oil so you can just use any GL5 rated oil as you please. Mechanical/clutch style diffs in commodores etc are sensitive to the fluid's coefficient of friction so you must use a specified differential oil in those...