SAU Community

Eoi: Sake Brewery Tour, Tasting, Bbq, And Photos!

Juz

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2059_06.jpg

Omikuji

Omikuji are fortune telling paper slips found at many shrines and temples. Randomly drawn, they contain predictions ranging from daikichi ("great good luck") to daikyo ("great bad luck"). By tying the piece of paper around a tree's branch, good fortune will come true or bad fortune can be averted.

something like this could work, Juz, any of your Japan society people able to figure out the fortune telling aspect of it?

Actually Pat, you might have something.

In Japanese temple grounds they often have trees - bare ones - with leftover fortune wishes made of paper tied to them.

So you can get to work on the day with pink paper whilst yours truly can dress up in Shinto priest robes to bless each car that goes by...

(which is what I saw being done in Kyoto when I was there - shouldn't be too hard on an old man).

Yes Patty, we can do Omikuji ^ ^ ^

Guys as We discussed at the AGM This Most probably will be an Official Event, And There WILL Be Limited Spots.. So once everything has been finalized we will be able disclose all the Infomation neccesary, The date most probably will be towards the End Of July.

Pat, Omikuji can be made but there really isn't anywhere to hang them. But Please I can't stress enough we can't have loose confetti floating around the place mate.

Also We have Flags, Banners, Etc that will be outside to decorate the place. I Need to see if any of my chef friend's would be keen to do the lunch for us, If not A Sausage sizzle with a hint of Japanese will be organised by myself and included in the Final ticket Price.

yeah i cant wait.

the trees not close enough to the action to bother decorating? maxima hs a special temporary glue that will stop the confetti floating around..at worse i will just get some rope and have it hanging around the trunk like they do at those shrines to protect the sacred tree spirits.

I know it sounds a bit hippy but i have seen it a few times in manga so it has an edge of geeky coolness for me, also i have a friend about to finish at the College if fine arts, he decided he needs some models for his latest project..

Kabuki facepainting!

looks something like this

306199_10150773750631537_511696536_9722715_1489971476_n.jpg

sorry for the bare shoulders but i did crop out even worse...anyway it takes about an hour and when i told him about this event he said he was happy to come out and offer facepainting in exchange for for sake etc.

I have contacts with some other facepainters who also do it pro bono but they are chinese, similar kind of thing but not exactly 'authentic da neh?'

what do you guys think? also he is looking for some volunteers to finish his art thing, isnt paying but its fun for a lark and he will of course provide you with glossy's of your own to blu tack to the inside of your toilet door. COFA is in Paddington which is also where the studio is.

Of course for the sake event i would bring him out to us but if anyone wants to help out sooner they need to travel there.

PM me for more info.

cant think of anything cooler than a bunch of us driving out of there with faces like that..getting pulled over on the way home? priceless.

Also making some inroads with a japanese couple who play traditional drums.

think the soundtrack to Akira.

tell me your not excited?

:starwars:

I'll come,if i'm still in nsw,be lovely to see all you young fellas painted up,no harm in looking.O an pat or others with heaps of fur us girls like the fur to be gone,much more pleasing to the eye. Teeee heee. :cheers:

Hey Patty, four half festoons of p-mash hot off the press and with your name on it.

Had Rory (in the background) sort it out for you today.

Orica_3%20(800x600).jpg

I'll come,if i'm still in nsw,be lovely to see all you young fellas painted up,no harm in looking.O an pat or others with heaps of fur us girls like the fur to be gone,much more pleasing to the eye. Teeee heee. :cheers:

Look Pat now you've gone and got Genelle all excited

yeah im a bit worried, pretty sure i shared a room with her during the SAU nats and no untoward molestation occured towards either party..sigh.

whats all this talk about fur? my chest? i thought i cropped that out damnit..

lol Maxima, im not sure ill need that much tree glue but thanks for the thought. keep them on standby for me!

That's the confetti you asked for. I don't make the glue, we only do paper products and consultation. I've sent away to Germany for your special glue, should be here by next week, it's being flown over, Lufthansa FTW.

I did half sized barrels as I wanted it to be a bit easier for you guys to move around, like I said the full sized 100kg barrels are a little cumbersome, especially with no cranes etc.

So yeah, you have 200kg of confetti here when you need it. Probably easiest to wait for the glue and get it all at once.

That's the confetti you asked for. I don't make the glue, we only do paper products and consultation. I've sent away to Germany for your special glue, should be here by next week, it's being flown over, Lufthansa FTW.

I did half sized barrels as I wanted it to be a bit easier for you guys to move around, like I said the full sized 100kg barrels are a little cumbersome, especially with no cranes etc.

So yeah, you have 200kg of confetti here when you need it. Probably easiest to wait for the glue and get it all at once.

Pity that picture comes from a conveyor belt, pallet handling and packaging company website

Pity that picture comes from a conveyor belt, pallet handling and packaging company website

nice ownership there God_speed

hehe...

Back to thread...

Justin, if you wish to contact Sensei Hans who organised the Japanese Swordsmanship Demonstration at the R34 GT-R 10th Anniv Cruise, his number is 9873.2727

E: [email protected]

Pics of the Demo on NSW > Event Archives

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/260190-r34-10th-anniversary-charity-cruise-n-show-n-shine/

Somewhere around Page 17 - I think

Anyway, PM me if you want me to approach him with you :)

• 3 weeks later...

yeah its definitely happening and it looks to be mid or late July with or without official approval from SAU (apparently they are slow in replying to emails) so yeah hang on folks, final date up soon

right Juz?

Just got to work everything out and settle for a date, Will keep everyone updated, this will definatley be happening sometime this year guys!