SAU Community

RTstag6

Driving a S1 RSfour c34 and looking to increase boost. bought a gauge,boost controller, BOV. havnt yet installed them since im trying to find time to do it and havnt tested boost pressure yet but does anyone have any tips for how much of an increase i should set without stuffing the engine too much. would like to hear your thoughts and advice and if there are any threads that have a DIY? No other engine mods have been installed either.

these are the parts i have;

BOV - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370601350609?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1037wt_1037

Controller - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220656946480?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1054

Gauge -http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150790984556?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

12psi is doable, however the turbo would be stressed anywhere beyond this point. Risk is the age/kms of turbo and the fact that the ceramic exhaust wheel can shatter or come off due to heat. It has been proven there is no power gain above 14psi, 10psi - 12psi is considered to be 'safe' so to speak, but the risk of failure is greater at 12 psi over 10psi.

10psi is prob all you will be able to run before the car will fuel cut and start to retard the timing. More if you get it retuned... run about 9-10 depending on when your fuel cut will kick in.

Awesome! thanks guys :thumbsup: also the links on the link KiwiRS4T sent me aren't working. most likely because of the site upgrade. i tried to find info on the DIY\FYI thread aswell but none of the links work anymore :(

i found fuel cut kicks in at 14.3ish psi, changed to power fc and have hit 16psi, but like said i dont think there is much gain, so i just run 14psi now as a safe tune.

i have never seen a ceramic wheel shatter, but i have read about them.

on my r34 op6 steel comp turbo i have hit a peak of 18psi as an accidental overboost, but that was only for a day. (16psi for 2 years straight before the seals gave in)- also had little to no shaft play

replaced with this unit: r34 op6 plastic comp turbo and i have run a maximum of 15psi (now at 14psi for 6 months)

You will probably find its more worthwhile to fit a turbo back 3" exhaust and a performance panel filter first, the extra breathing does add a fair kick.

I ran 12psi on my op6 turbo for about 2 years before it spat the rear wheel.

Oh and if your lucky when you rear wheel comes off it wont take your o2 sensor with it like mine did. It pretty much snapped it clean off.

Edited by lilcrash

In a series 1, dont go over 10psi while stock! The stock smic wont handle any more boost than that anyway (another must do mod if wanting performance)! Also as mentioned a good exhaust & intake will help with breathing ability too!

Then coil packs & plugs & &&&&&&&&&&... etc etc