Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 3 - Now With Entry Details

emts

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 SAU-Vic members entered - not bad at all.

crap it more paperwork for me!

nah should be a great day, I'm going out on a limb and saying the weather should be good!

(as why would it rain on me)

plus there some fkn quick WTAC cars there.

So I'm in group 2 who else in mine?

crap it more paperwork for me!

I'm out, so only 17, you can relax a bit Martin.

I was crook last week and still not the best so pulled out.

Funny It's usually the car that does that!!

I wouldn't worry too much about what BOM says, they get their readings from the weather station located at Rhyll at the edge of the island on the other side...

I have my eye on Myweather2 and in the past it has been accurate 9/10 times. I don't know how they do it, considering they are not even based in the country..

Currently they are predicting 0.2mm from 1pm and 1.1mm from 4pm. (Crap all really)

Here's a breakdown of their predicted track condtions thus far;

AU_Phillip_Island_Circuit.jpg?g=201206282547

Fingers crossed it get's even better.

Well looks like I wont be making it down. Car has been at chasers all week with what we think might be electrical problem. The car will just randomly stall and loose all power. The worst thing is we have driven it on the dyno and two times on the street with laptop plugged in to record data and diagnose exactly what it is and its not happening anymore :unsure: . When it does happen its a violent jolt to the car like you have just jabbed the brake really hard and either stall or regain power. So im going to be sensible and not come down. Any ideas to what it might be share your thoughts

Do you think Neil will refund me or can I sell my spot to someone?

Ant had a similar problem a while ago, the loom to his alarm I think it was was a tiny bit loose, he would go around a corner bam all power cut, then straighten upa nd all good again.

So mght ahve to do what he did, and get under the dash/bonnet and check every plug!

Well looks like I wont be making it down. Car has been at chasers all week with what we think might be electrical problem. The car will just randomly stall and loose all power. The w

orst thing is we have driven it on the dyno and two times on the street with laptop plugged in to record data and diagnose exactly what it is and its not happening anymore :unsure: . When it does happen its a violent jolt to the car like you have just jabbed the brake really hard and either stall or regain power. So im going to be sensible and not come down. Any ideas to what it might be share your thoughts

Do you think Neil will refund me or can I sell my spot to someone?

Yeah my problem was a loose connection between the elec supply and rest of the car due to the alram being spliced in. This would only happen on high G corners though - no brakes and no power is just what you want when flying around corners!

I assume that you have tried things like incorrectly setup atmo BOV's etc??

gents, how fuel should i bring for my stagea (std ecu & exhaust)??

i could chew 60L+ in the GTR, so 20L Jerry Can and about 1/2 full to begin with should be about right ??

Yes thank you I think you guys have hit the nail on the head! From about 3 weeks ago the car wouldnt always start first time. I would have to unlock/lock the car 3 or 4 times until the immobiliser would let it work. It started playing up stalling on me nearly two weeks ago and have only driven it for testing to try diagnose the problem. Makes sense because if it was mechanical it would play up all the time and not 'when it wants'

I havnt installed any bov or anything like that. All standard bov and turbos. Boost controller has been in the car for ages from the previous owner. It has to be something with the immobiliser

And yeah no brakes and no power around a corner No Thanks! Thats why im going to sit out until this is fixed 100%