SAU Community

Finding Nismo

SAU.NSW will be doing a cruise JTCC from Windsor to Singleton (tomorrow) along a lengthy road called Putty Road.

At the Singleton end (located on Google Maps), there are lots of twisties; so I'm looking forward to seeing how balanced the car is.

There's no geometric difference in this wishbone set that I installed 2 months ago...

Wishbone%20Links%20Rear-1_zps49l6ej6f.jp

but the tensile strength is different I'm sure. Doing so much in such a short period without me taking out the car for long stretches - but only for short hill climbs - is testing my memory a bit I must admit.

The nuances of each add-on are probably going to be somewhat imperceptible.

• Like 1

Yea I have had my eye on the nismo arms and circuit link kit also. Just to refresh the stock suspension. I'm sure the stiffer bushings will give the car a more solid feel. Especially replacing 25 year old factory bushings lol. From what I have read, the sway bars make the biggest change in getting rid of the factory understeer feel. Which I'm no race drive lol, but I think my stockish GTR with HKS coils and advan rubber already handles like a dream lol. Makes me really wonder what it feels like with something decently modified. Have fun on the cruise! Its summer down their.....we got winter lol. But it was 70 yesterday :)

• Like 1

Has anyone seen or heard of a Nismo branded gearbox shroud thing that sits around the top of the shifter to prevent oil coming out the top?

Someone told me about it but I haven't seen it or anything like it for sale anywhere.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most likely. They go for around $200-250 depending on condition.

I don't know why the aussie market is so over priced lol. I just sold 2 of mine for 100 bucks USD (140 ish AUD). You can get these on yahoo japan all day for in the 7,000 to 10,000 yen range. The yellows are more rare and go for about $120ish USD (170 ish AUD). I think I will start selling parts to Australia lol. I have a lighter brand new in box never opened, wonder what you guys would pay for that lol. I've noticed you guys go crazy over nismo keys to. 8 points are higher priced than 10 points here. Can find 10 points on yahoo japan all the time for like $250 USD or so. 8 points seem to be disappearing quite fast, brings a higher price.

A few nismo bits over the last few months for the gtr

Nismo carbon fiber spoiler blade

Nismo carbon fiber room mirror

Nismo omori factory carbon cooling plate

Nismo fashion lighter

Nismo adjustable fpr

Nismo braided brake lines

Nismo braided clutch line

Nismo transmission mount

On order

Nismo intercooler pipes

Nismo engine mounts

Nismo panel air filter

post-4425-0-48610000-1454136588_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice Baicai, ive been looking at one of those. I believe these mount where the factory oil/water heat exchanger mounts?

Thanks mate, yes I believe so, haven't yet installed but stock location no relocation.

Pretty sure you'll find those are non-genuine.

It also looks identical to http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nismo-Key-Blank-Nissan-Skyline-GTR-Silvia-R32-R33-S13-S14-R31-/301863018274?hash=item4648701f22:g:CPsAAOSwnLdWsBrS ... which is also at a much lower price.

Nismo Key Blanks

These have been designed based off the original keys and updated with the current Nismo logo
These reproduction keys are limited production so get in fast once they are gone they are gone.

• Like 1