SAU Community

Your Favourite Restaurant's In Sydney

GTR32X

The Apple Bar has good food but the atmosphere is ruined as a lot of locals drink there so you get the impression your eating at someones local. I could do a cruise to Kravings.. Car would still be cold by the time I got there. You need to Book mate. Its always packed.

The Apple Bar has good food but the atmosphere is ruined as a lot of locals drink there so you get the impression your eating at someones local. I could do a cruise to Kravings.. Car would still be cold by the time I got there. You need to Book mate. Its always packed.

you organise, i'll attend.

maybe get numbers and book a month or 2 in advance?

if you want, pm and ill help as much as i can in setting it up.

The apple bar at Bilpin is good always had good a top notch feed there

1 of The chefs from there is on ready steady cook from time to time and bells line of road up through bellbird hill has some sweet twisties makes for a nice cruise with some good scenery and fun roads :thumbsup:

Cruise maybe???? :ninja:

Dinner cruise would be the bomb!!

For serious fine dining.

Sepia. My favourite place atm with edgy fine dining, some slightly odd combinations (so go with an open mind), clever molecular gastronomical techniques used but not at the expense of bastardising the underlying ingredient, somelier is young but very switched on.

Quay, not much to say that hasn't been said, excellent restaurant, not an easy place to book for a Saturday night and of course isn't cheap.

Aria, disappointing on the food front, mostly ok but a few glaring issues with flavour combos IMO, scallops dusted with mace...like wtf, peking duck broth tastes like something an amateur would make with a heavy hand of hoisin making it something you will only enjoy for the first few spoonfuls. Service was poor and timing between courses was outrageous the one and only time I have been there, my sister and husband like it a lot and have only positive things to say about it, wine list is outstanding.

Est. A restaurant for eastern suburbs girls. Salads on the plate for no obvious reason on lots of courses and under seasoned/dressed to boot. Cold deconstructed green tomato gazpacho was nearly perfect (except they took the charring of the small pieces of sour dough a bit too far), sashimi was boring and lacked seasoning, quail had a salad on the side...yeah ok, venison had a salad on the side...huh... However, the passionfruit souffle is as good as they come, for dessert lovers a genuine triumph and worth a trip.

Buon Ricordo, not cheap but high end Italian restaurants in the Eastern Suburbs aren't cheap. I know the menu inside out and it isn't cutting edge but for truffle lovers, fettucine al tartufovo is one to try before you die.

La Tratt in Fairfield RSL is probably my favorite.

You'd think its a bistro or a buffet but it's actually fine dining lol.

8.5/10 on etability.

Seoul Ria for good Korean BBQ and well priced.

I love a good Korean BBQ...

Used to go to Carne Station in Parramatta before it closed down.

Degustation - Tetsuya's 529 Kent St Sydney 9267.2900 Eatability Rating = 8.1 Expense = Exxy

Been to Tetauya's and rate it highly...

But wouldn't be going there too often as it's a bit too pricey.... Lol

Looking more for a place I can go regularly.

Also went with my brother and his kids to Wagaya in Haymarket. Really enjoyed the whole concept and the food wasn't too bad.

Californian Roll and Tempura Prawns and Wagyu Beef was delicious every thing else we ordered was pretty average. Great place to take kids though

Also El Janah's charcoal chicken and lebanese cuisine at Granville! Always pop by after uni lol

Their Lebanese Cuisine side is shit. Only go there for the Chicken

Might have to gee up a dinner cruise then what ya reckon dangerous Dave?? :woot:

yep lets make it happen.. having read this thread I will now no longer be modding my car because ill spend everything on earn eating out!

Charcoal chicken - Hot Rocks in Bankstown 199 Canterbury Rd next to TC Brothers kebabs (also huge kebabs there)

Recently opened up another store 6 west Pde West Ryde.

I find the chicken at eljannahs very dry and mass produced.

Highly recommend!

I love a good Korean BBQ...

Used to go to Carne Station in Parramatta before it closed down.

"Charcoal Mine Korean BBQ" (Church Street, North Parra - next door to the bike shop) is better than Carne Station used to be, as far as I can remember.

"In The Mood For Thai" on the corner of George Street and Horwood Place (diagonally opposite the Roxy) in Parra is great for a quick, cheap feed. The food is cooked and served really quickly, service is pretty good, and it's a relaxing little atmosphere.

My favourite dumplings place is "New Shanghai Chinese" in Liverpool Street, Ashfield (currently closed for renovations), but they've also got two locations in Chatswood (Chatswood Chase and Lemon Grove Plaza), one in Bondi Junction Westfields, and one in Charlestown for the Newcastle peeps.

Charcoal Mine Korean BBQ was good.

I regard the fillings in New Shanghai as equal to Sydney Dumpling King but I prefer the pressed skin better at Burwood.

The Dumplings at World Sq are hard to beat in quality and choice. Just like Sydney Dumpling King, you can watch the workers making them.

Aldo worth mentioning the 6 month waiting list for tetsuyas.

Modern Japanese fusion - toko in surry hills.

(null)

Seconded. Food is amazing (LOVE the dumplings) and the bar is well stocked :D

Tried Mrs G's in Potts Point the other week, another good option for modern asian!