SAU Community

The What Do You Put In The Back Of Your Stagea Thread?

PN-Mad

• 1 month later...

Good to see this thread still getting along.

I'm off to the track tomorrow, putting some stuff in another (very kind) stagea owners boot, to get down to Wakefield.

Didn't get a photo of it, but on Sunday I put a 910mm x 2400mm offcut of Gibboard/Gyprock/dry wall in the car. Had to get my gangsta lean on to get my shoulder under one end of it but it fitted, just. It was even still in one piece once I got home with it.

drove from melbourne to byron bay for blues fest at easter.

in the back we had 3 big plastic boxes filled with food and camping gear, kingsize matress topper and all of our bags, esky pram and much more filling the boot. then in the roof box we had the tent and decorations, rear foot wells were filled with toys to keep the little boy happy

incredible wagon for touring shame I was getting a big of surge under load (think my coil packs need looking at)

post-114189-0-30330400-1401503820_thumb.jpg

post-114189-0-73295300-1401503821_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just started a lawn mowing and garden maintenance business in the upper blue mountains. Borrowed my friend's, Zedhead on the forum, lawn mower. Massive self propelled Masport. Needed the ramps to get it in and out as it's bloody heavy.

I generally carry Makita battery drill kit, tool box, Stanley screwdriver set, jack, handle and sometimes chainsaw and accessories. I'll get a photo next time I do a time involving these equipment.

The other day I carried 7 bags 20kg quick set cement bags as well. Now I need to raise adjust the coilovers as the exhaust scrapes everywhere now

I carry the lawnmowers, slashers and accessories in a trailer now as the fumes are too much!!!

post-72042-0-94011900-1413848223_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, all the SAU-NSW merchandise is being handed over to a new person to deal with, so it's all packed ready for tomorrow's transfer. Hardly taxing on the capacity of the boot, and thankfully I didn't have more if this stuff to pass on. post-435-14456729927003_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Work Horse.

Used the Stag for work delivering windows, this window is 1500 high and 1000 long, looks smaller in there :)

12079584_10153028730737676_9094416683093

Edited by DrLui
  • Like 2

Well, all the SAU-NSW merchandise is being handed over to a new person to deal with, so it's all packed ready for tomorrow's transfer. Hardly taxing on the capacity of the boot, and thankfully I didn't have more if this stuff to pass on. attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1445672983.446570.jpg

Good on you Nick, you've been quietly looking after the Merch for so damn long now....thanks for all your commitment and work.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

not without cutting the kart in half - assuming it is an adult kart, even with the wheels off the rear axle is about 1030mm, probably about a metre high to the top of the steering wheel - a bit lower without wheels - not sure about the length but our Rotax DD2's take up most of the room in our trailer which is 7 feet long - a bit shorter if you take the nose cone off. With side pods the kart is about 1300mm wide. Getting it in would be a big challenge. A clubman or national class kart is a bit more compact but the main dimensions are pretty much the same. I you need precise measurements of the kart let me know.

not without cutting the kart in half - assuming it is an adult kart, even with the wheels off the rear axle is about 1030mm, probably about a metre high to the top of the steering wheel - a bit lower without wheels - not sure about the length but our Rotax DD2's take up most of the room in our trailer which is 7 feet long - a bit shorter if you take the nose cone off. With side pods the kart is about 1300mm wide. Getting it in would be a big challenge. A clubman or national class kart is a bit more compact but the main dimensions are pretty much the same. I you need precise measurements of the kart let me know.

That's probably the most concise and well answered response I've seen, thanks! How wide rough is the boot opening on an M35?

Widest entry point is 1160mm but shock tower intrusion means it's 1050mm at the narrowest point on the boot floor. It's about 1100mm to the back of the rear seats when they're upright. With the rear seats down and the front passenger seat cranked forward I can fit a 2100mm ladder in there, although you wouldn't be able to drive with the driver's seat that far forward.

(Note: measurements taken with a half-destroyed tape measure so may be out a little bit.)

Edited by Hertz Donut
  • Like 1

Widest entry point is 1160mm but shock tower intrusion means it's 1050mm at the narrowest point on the boot floor. It's about 1100mm to the back of the rear seats when they're upright.

(Note: measurements taken with a half-destroyed tape measure so may be out a little bit.)

Another great response, cheers!

rear opening is about 70cm high - and if the kart is a Rotax it will weigh about 80kg - Yamaha engined maybe 20kg less. They will fit into a 6x4 trailer with the rear wheels moved in or removed. Good luck and enjoy the karting.

...and right at this minute...me. Sleeping in the back for the next couple of nights. It's surprisingly roomy.

Did that the other week... all the gear for 2 noghts up the mountain. enought firewood foe a little cooking fire amd me Sleeping in the back with the sub box. Comfy and warm apart fron the fact i forgot the pillow

Quickest camper on the mountait

post-68505-14480041578831_thumb.jpg