SAU Community

Apple Cash Grab - Iphone 5

R31Nismoid

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a jaycar anywhere near you? They have them listed on their site. Search "camcorder" on their site and it comes up

Thanks for your reply but I am in Japan so Jaycar is not an option. Also as shown on the attached picture in my previous post the camcorder cable has a different ground. I can cut and solder but would prefer not to, especially as the ground goes to each of the 3 RCA connectors.

Well, it would seem the iP5 is suffering from shonky battery life (surprise, surprise). People are reporting 4 hours tops, but with some fettling and resetting of settings, and turning a heap of shit off, it can be extended out to possibly 8 hours.

Gee, that's not dissimilar to what I get with my Velocity. Isn't superior battery life one of the virtues of Apple products?

Not a big deal I suppose. You could just go out and buy a higher capacity battery and put it in like I can with my Velocity.....oh, wait....

I haven't actually put a different battery in yet. Haven't had a need too.

The HTC Velocity is called the Vivid in overseas markets and comes with a 1620mAh battery.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Battery-HTC-Velocity-4G-2000mAh-Extended-High-Capacity-BH39100-/270996224320?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f18a23940#ht_4553wt_1397

Edited by Cowboy1600

Got purple?

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/apple-says-cameras-purple-haze-is-normal-20121003-26yf7.html

This iPhone 5 really is revolutionary, isn't it? Shitty battery life, crappy camera, incompatible with all the stupid non-micro USB devices one was forced to buy in the past, specs which do not better it's high end competition, the most awesome mapping on the planet, a connector plug that, after costing you another $39, doesn't do video out and, of course, there's a good chance that when you opened the box to unveil your shiny new toy, it wasn't actually that shiny and had scratches around the case already.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Galaxy S3 4G today. It's much nicer looking with the chrome edge, and Jelly Bean is a ton smoother. Google voice is awesome, even more accurate than Siri I think!

Obviously the main attraction is 4G.. this is in Perth. Not sure why the upload was so slow, every round after was faster.

post-24834-0-60976200-1350560435_thumb.jpg

Apple will have to run an ads in leading UK newspapers as well its own website stating that Samsung did not infringes its products.

LOL

A US appeals court has lifted a sales ban on Google-branded Samsung smartphones in a patent fight with Apple, saying there is no evidence sales are driven by features copied from the iPhone.

Some sense was made that day

Thread needs to be re-titled

"Apple cash grab - ipad 4; how retarded do you ipad 3 owners feel now? Bet you'll still buy one, and an ipad mini, though"

Agreed and feeling pretty retarded/pissed off.

I don't give a f**k about the Apple vs non-Apple bullshit but to supersede a product after only 6 months is a joke.

Thread needs to be re-titled

"Apple cash grab - ipad 4; how retarded do you ipad 3 owners feel now? Bet you'll still buy one, and an ipad mini, though"

i saw a headline for a story about the ipad mini and had a laugh. just made me think that they have put a sticker on the iphone 5 (or ipod) saying "ipad mini" so they will just sell the apple fans a second iphone/ipod

• 5 weeks later...