SAU Community

Apple Cash Grab - Iphone 5

R31Nismoid

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mrs has a 4s, my mum has a 4, and my dad has a 4. They are 3 typical people who have Apple stuff that are in no way fans of Apple but happen to have their products..

Like most apple users you are missing the point...

they may not be fans by choice, but they most definately are sheep led by the shephard that is apple marketing....

I dont care how good their phones are I would not purchase one just because I dont like apple or anything they stand for...

I just bought a iphone 5, my galaxy s1 was a peice of shit and always f*cked up on me. It has everything i need, i didn't purchase it because of "apples marketing". Actually, my girlfriend works for telstra and put one aside for me and brought it home, i actually didn't choose it lol.

or waas it this? as there was no SG1

either way your trying to compare a phone the is 3 years old top or 2 years old bellow

I love that.

"ZOMG, my Nokia N95 is such a piece of shit compared to a phone that released mere days ago! Totes getting an ipoo5 cause it's 10000timez better than my piece of shit N95!

Well f**king duuuuuur.

Interestingly, the Ipoo5 barely matches my 6 months old HTC Velocity and gets spanked by the SIII.

I've had worse comparisons

i blame the childs parent

(14yr) - "im so getting an iPhone when i can my Huawei is a piece of shit and iPhone shits all over it"

(Me) - "well dur your comparing a $800 phone to a $80 phone"

Like most apple users you are missing the point...

they may not be fans by choice, but they most definately are sheep led by the shephard that is apple marketing....

I dont care how good their phones are I would not purchase one just because I dont like apple or anything they stand for...

Like most android users you are missing the point. Android is more complicated to use, something most people can do without.

I'm getting used to my sgs3 but it's nowhere near as intuitive as an iphone. I am appreciating it's flexibility, but I'm sure many people don't.

really, complicated, REALLY :blink:

I didn't just say it was 'complicated'. I said it was 'more' complicated, by which I was making an obvious comparison to iOS.

Case in point: The series of buttons across the top of the notification tray (GPS, WIFI, Power Saving etc). Now while I see what they're trying to do here, by offering high level control to the user.. but why do I have to choose to have GPS off? Shouldn't it just come on when it's needed? Why do I have to make the choice between good battery life and good performance? I'm sure that one day when I'm running low on juice I'll appreciate it, but most of the time I don't want to know about it!

That's me, someone who actually understands the implications of using those features. What about your nanna, or your mum? They are just going to stare at those buttons in bewilderment, which is what I'm getting at. iOS hides all that shit away, which makes it functionally simpler to operate.

The whole "complicated" argument is amusing.

Seriously. How dumb do you have to be to think the extra simplicity of iOS over Android is a bonus?

Why would I wrote my name with a pen and a bit of paper when I can dig shit out of my undies and smear my name on the wall? Doesn't get much easier than writing with your own faeces, does it?

Interestingly, with the GPS, you can turn it off on an iPhone but you have to navigate through four different screens to get there. I have the GPS widget on my screen one left of my main screen. Don't get much easier than that if you ask me. I barely ever use my GPS so why would I want it on all the time?

You can make Android look just like iOS. Simply drag the necessary apps, icons and widgets onto one of the pages. How on earth can you claim iOS is easier? I simply don't get it.

EDIT: SFSC, that's not just directed at you. I hear the "it's just easier" argument a lot from the iSheeple at work and it perplexes me.

Edited by Cowboy1600

Seriously. How dumb do you have to be to think the extra simplicity of iOS over Android is a bonus?

Why would I wrote my name with a pen and a bit of paper when I can dig shit out of my undies and smear my name on the wall? Doesn't get much easier than writing with your own faeces, does it?

Interestingly, with the GPS, you can turn it off on an iPhone but you have to navigate through four different screens to get there. I have the GPS widget on my screen one left of my main screen. Don't get much easier than that if you ask me. I barely ever use my GPS so why would I want it on all the time?

You can make Android look just like iOS. Simply drag the necessary apps, icons and widgets onto one of the pages. How on earth can you claim iOS is easier? I simply don't get it.

EDIT: SFSC, that's not just directed at you. I hear the "it's just easier" argument a lot from the iSheeple at work and it perplexes me.

First time I've agreed with the shit you dribble on here sometimes. I find the 'more complicated' arguement amusing when, for a power user, in a lot of ways its more difficult. GPS is a good example. 4 screens to do a one click thing in Android.

1.5 days with an iPhone and each have their pros and cons. I did have a chuckle when I was told I could customise my 'widgets' though...

And so once again, a thread about Apple has turned into an Apple VS Android thing, minus pics of boobs.

It also reminds me of the old "console war" days.

I don't get why everyone is so worked up on where others spend their money.

Nevertheless,

Repped.

Yep android is easy. I only use my Bluetooth when making a call when driving, so i have it off all day, then when i ring the missus on the way home i just tap a button and it's on. Takes me 2 second. I do it while walking across the car park. The only time i use gps it's when I'm on my bike (strava app) or if I'm looking for somewhere and i don't have the car gps with me, but even then i often don't need to turn the gps on. But you can just leave it on and it just stays in standby mode until an app actually uses it. But there are times when you dont want apps geotagging you and it can be easier to leave the gps off than disable location services.

But my brother in law lined up at 7am to buy 2 iphones. He got cut when i showed him the Samsung advertising. I had a good chuckle, as i posted it on his facebook status about how he loves his new iPhone, and when someone asked him what it was like he said "pretty much just like the old one, but a bit faster." Then came my link to the ad. About 2 mins later he deleted his status.

I didn't just say it was 'complicated'. I said it was 'more' complicated, by which I was making an obvious comparison to iOS.

Case in point: The series of buttons across the top of the notification tray (GPS, WIFI, Power Saving etc). Now while I see what they're trying to do here, by offering high level control to the user.. but why do I have to choose to have GPS off? Shouldn't it just come on when it's needed? Why do I have to make the choice between good battery life and good performance? I'm sure that one day when I'm running low on juice I'll appreciate it, but most of the time I don't want to know about it!

That's me, someone who actually understands the implications of using those features. What about your nanna, or your mum? They are just going to stare at those buttons in bewilderment, which is what I'm getting at. iOS hides all that shit away, which makes it functionally simpler to operate.

I'm sorry but thats a pretty poor argument for android being more complicated. Your saying that a button that gives you the choice to have GPS with one swipe from the home screen, is mor complicated then iOS where you have to navigate through menu's to do the same thing.

The GPS works pretty much exactly the same on both devices, and both have the option to have it on or off.

I dont think the Android is more complicated, it just feels more complicated after coming from iOS. I just like what the widgets on the android do. The home screen personalisation is much better.

While I cant say my iPhone 4 was a bad phone, I much perfer android over iOS

Reckon your nanna would know, or care that you can do that?

Your inability to pull your head out of your arse is astounding. The vast majority of people do not know how to customise their phones, nor would they give a shit if they could.

I'm sorry but thats a pretty poor argument for android being more complicated. Your saying that a button that gives you the choice to have GPS with one swipe from the home screen, is mor complicated then iOS where you have to navigate through menu's to do the same thing.

The number of steps to turn it off/on is not what I was getting at. You don't need to turn the GPS off in iOS because it only comes on when it's needed.

EDIT: I think I need to clarify my point. I'm a systems analyst so I perhaps see things a little differently to most.

The whole concept of a 'smart' phone, is a device that is exactly what you want it to be at that point in time. So whether that's a GPS, a gaming system, a word processor, or even (gasp) a phone, the device should take info from its bewildering array of sensors to deliver intelligent functionality. In addition, intelligent software design should make things as simple as can be, or automate things wherever possible. This means that, in the case of smart phones, every time you are required to manually switch things off, close programs or lower performance to save battery - that's a failure of the operating system to properly manage resources based on the normal usage of the device.

You shouldn't have to change anything to get at least a full day's usage out of your phone.. that's my point. I realise batteries are shitty too but that's a whole 'nutha kettle of fish.

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

^^ whilst you do make some good valid points ......

ITS AN iPhone....

apple would have us believe its the best thing since sliced bread

on the Nana argument either Android or iPhone would suit her needs because a good salesman would show her how to 1) call someone 2) text someone 3) email someone