SAU Community

Apple Cash Grab - Iphone 5

R31Nismoid

Why would I be mad? You're the one being anal gaped by Steve Jobs and his merry men. If that were me I'd be pretty mad, but it's not, so I'm not.

Well why are you the one who constantly complains about it? Do you also complain on behalf of Lambo owners because for less money they could have had a GTR? No I didn't think so, so STFU.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well why are you the one who constantly complains about it? Do you also complain on behalf of Lambo owners because for less money they could have had a GTR? No I didn't think so, so STFU.

??? some people really need to spend a few seconds considering an analogy before posting it.

post-53059-0-72278700-1340625321_thumb.jpg

Just occurred to me that every car with iPod connectivity will be boned, lol.

LOL

Old school burning mp3 onto CD-Rs are still the best!

We'd all be still kicking around on Nokia/Symbian pieces of crap.

Those old "Nokia" bricks were awsome, could smash someone's head in without it breaking... can't do that with any of todays phones without them screens cracking... :O

Haha nah dude, I like my Apple stuff but I stand by my point, they put the emphasis on the UI and changed the game for the better.

That said, my contract runs out in a couple months and my iPhone 4 compares pretty poorly to the SGS3 and HTC One X. I'll still hold out and see what the iPhone 5 is like though.

i'm the same, my contract is also running out soon and i'll be up for a new one. i don't mind using either iOS or Android, the only reason i keep getting iPhones is i've always had one right from the first model, which is good because all my syncing of contacts and emails and apps just transfer to the new one. I am a sucker for new and different tech though so the new Samsung Galaxy S3 or even the new Windows 8 phone may be worth a look. i did play with an S3 the other week and though it was a nice phone it just had the plasticy feel to it.

What you guys are all forgetting is Apple already offers a Micro USB charger in the EU: http://www.gizmag.com/apple-iphone-micro-usb-adapter/20094/

I think this is a good thing. I currently own one of those expensive iPod docks (a rather nice Tivoli Audio unit), and since my iPod was stolen use a dock extender cable so I can connect my iPad.

If Apple keep up these shenanigans, I can only hope for a Micro USB to Dock connector cable that lets me connect my Android phone to my dock.

Most cars I've seen with iPod connectivity actually have a USB port that you can connect any kind of cable to, dock or micro USB. It won't be a big problem in that regard. But there will always be adaptors, and Apple know this.

This is the risk you take when you buy into any tech with bullshit proprietary adaptors.

thinking about this, it brings to mind when they changed from mini to micro usb on other phones.

did it stop people from buying them?

no.

ifails will go on.

people who cant get a decent grasp will keep using them.

for me, apple doesnt offer alot of the functions i like in a phone.

their os also doesnt appeal to me.

just used my wifes for half a day.

couldnt wait to get my phone back.

each to their own.

Some of the most common complaints Android users make are "The OS is too restrictive" "Steve Jobs is telling you what you can and cant do" "Why can't they use a normal plug like everyone else" "Android can load custom roms blah blah"

What they fail to realise is that most people (and this includes tech-savvy people) don't give a shit about about these complaints.

That doesn't make them stupid, or their product choice less valid. It just means they'd rather be doing other things with their phones.

my boss found out a small issue with IOS today. he isn't that tech savy so he has never updated the OS. he went to download an app that both me and the other guy at work have on our android phones. turns out that because he doesn't have the latest IOS he can't download it without updating.

that's where android has an advantage. you can be running older versions and still be able to get apps. of course there will be some examples where you can't (for example if the app requires android 2.1 as a minimum for the flash player), but generally speaking it's more backwards compatiable.

Some of the most common complaints Android users make are "The OS is too restrictive" "Steve Jobs is telling you what you can and cant do" "Why can't they use a normal plug like everyone else" "Android can load custom roms blah blah"

What they fail to realise is that most people (and this includes tech-savvy people) don't give a shit about about these complaints.

That doesn't make them stupid, or their product choice less valid. It just means they'd rather be doing other things with their phones.

Or it just means that they put it with it because they have to.

Having owned both I find the texting on iPhones better (till I downloaded an ICS keyboard for mine) but other then that I like the android for downloading apps, customizing, the fact that it has flash player (or can be downloaded)

It used to annoy the hell out of me putting my apple ID password in every time i wanted to download a free app, I get the security thing but I dont really care if someone steals my phone and downloads a million free apps

All in all thought, iPhone users are always gonna hate androids, android users are always gonna hate iPhones. It's like a nerdy Holden vs Ford battle

Most iPhone users dont give the Galaxy's enough of a try before they chuck them down and say iPhones are way better. It took me quite a while to get used to my S2 but I dont think I'd ever go back

On topic? I think its stupid when the apple connector works so well and so many people are going to lose use of there previous docks/accessories

well.... stupid if your a consumer, smart if your apple

Having owned both I find the texting on iPhones better

this is the problem i faced with ios.

the keyboard offered on ios doesnt have "," or "." on the main screen.

i really disliked having to change to the secondary screen for alot of the punctuation marks.

this is the problem i faced with ios.

the keyboard offered on ios doesnt have "," or "." on the main screen.

i really disliked having to change to the secondary screen for alot of the punctuation marks.

Not sure if it was just going from an iPhone to an S2 or if its the keyboards themselves, but I found it really hard to text on the android GB keyboard. I downloaded the ICS keyboard (which is pretty similar to the iOS one) which is a hell of alot better.

Can't really put my finger on why..... but it just is

i just use the swype keyboard on my galaxy s2. as long as you get the settings right, it's very good.

I've started using the swipe keyboard on my Velocity. It's pretty neat. I find it more accurate but that said, i still tend to push more than swipe. My brain hasn't fully made the change yet.

problem i find with swipe is it doesnt add a space after words and im still pressing afterwards

It does on my phone.

Swipe the word, take off finger and start the next and a space is added.

and there is an option to have it automatically add the space when you lift. i have it turned off though, so that if you try to type a long word that is made up of 2 words but it doesn't like recognising it, you can just swype the 2 words seperately.