SAU Community

Day Z

KezR33

Dang, I've been playing the Arma II demo and have to say, it sucks.

First mission running up off the beach. Creep up slowly, using houses for cover. Peek around corner, scan for enemy, nothing there. Move up to next house slowly, look around, can't see....oh I'm dead. Where is he? Tell my troops I'm hit....they are going to rescue me....waiting, waiting, waiting, tell them I'm dying. They're on their way! Waiting, waiting, waiting. Scan around look for the dude who shot me...no where to be seen....still waiting.....Esc, Restart Mission.

Rinse, repeat.

I'm yet to shoot a bad guy yet have died about 7-8 times thus far.

And the controls are horrible although that's something which will improve with practice I suppose, like all games.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else having trouble loading a server right now?

Been trying on and off for an hour

Just hangs at the loading screen

That's generally the fault of the server I've found...what server(s) you trying to play on?

Dang, I've been playing the Arma II demo and have to say, it sucks.

First mission running up off the beach. Creep up slowly, using houses for cover. Peek around corner, scan for enemy, nothing there. Move up to next house slowly, look around, can't see....oh I'm dead. Where is he? Tell my troops I'm hit....they are going to rescue me....waiting, waiting, waiting, tell them I'm dying. They're on their way! Waiting, waiting, waiting. Scan around look for the dude who shot me...no where to be seen....still waiting.....Esc, Restart Mission.

Rinse, repeat.

I'm yet to shoot a bad guy yet have died about 7-8 times thus far.

And the controls are horrible although that's something which will improve with practice I suppose, like all games.

The patches fixed a number of major campaign issues. Also, you can alter the difficulty specifically by changing the accuracy of enemies as well as allies. Theres a bunch of stuff to make it easier.

Usually you send your troops ahead of you and stay back with the sniper. You have to really use the squad commands to to keep everyone together and alive.

I'm glad people are buying Arma2 just for DayZ. Arma3 comes out in October and its only a matter of time before the next DayZ pops up. Will be excited to see what the engine can do. Heaps of customisables this time

it is confirmed stand alone - http://dayzgame.com/

also for anyone who may be interested an Aussie group is setting up there own server and hive which will be password protected to stop all hackers and server hoppers and will be based in AUS - will provide details once up

Any idea on a release date?

Looking forward to a non hacked server, but dosent everyone cry when servers are passworded?

it will run on its own hive and will start with 1 server more to be added depending on how full it gets and is designed for Aussie groups and players which will for players on there own be good and allow for some constant struggle between groups for gear and vehicles

only downside is because it runs on its own hive your player wont go onto other servers