SAU Community

Entries Open: Import Monster Sauvic Deca Motorkhana - September 8 2012

Belsil80

I'm abit confused about the "Cars must be considered 'Roadworthy'" section.

My car has no leaks/drips, has all panels, seatbelts and fully working lights and the essentials but it's not legal in the performance parts aspect (Too low, too loud, wheels etc...)

May seem like a dumb question but roadworthy condition is a lot different to trackworthy condition..

ok so

no belts showing on tyres

no lose panels

nothing loose in engine bay, inside cabin in boot

seat belts/harnesses correctly mounted

fire ext mounted correctly and under 5 years validity

helmet has asa or equiv rating

all good

loud pipes not care

wheels not buckled all good

looking to have some fun......perfect

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys as mentioned we are not staying at the motel this time round.

Bec has reserved 15 or so cabins at the caravan park but you need to book yourself ASAP :yes:

If people dont start booking there accomodation the park wont hold the cabins.

Use the above link to get details on the accomodation.

cheers..

I'm abit confused about the "Cars must be considered 'Roadworthy'" section. My car has no leaks/drips, has all panels, seatbelts and fully working lights and the essentials but it's not legal in the performance parts aspect (Too low, too loud, wheels etc...) May seem like a dumb question but roadworthy condition is a lot different to trackworthy condition..

Make sure all your wheel nuts are there unlike some other chaser drivers! :ninja:

My AASA expires day before the event...any renew forms need to be filled out or just bring down 50 bucks on the day to renew?

You've got plenty of time to update this with AASA prior to the event and you'll make my life 10 times easier if you do!!!!

I'll even give you the link to the form you have to fill out and send back to AASA with payment :)

Link - http://australianautosportalliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CLUB-LICENCE-APPLICATION1.pdf

You've got plenty of time to update this with AASA prior to the event and you'll make my life 10 times easier if you do!!!!

Guess I'll be the one making your life 10 times harder as I'll be registering my AASA on the day. :rolleyes:

oh forms sent and paid!

Can't wait!

Edited by Down_Shift

Hi. im thingking of entering. it will be my first time to do a motorkhana.

Can you explain what it is exactly. How many courses are there? what are the courses ?

thanks frank

hey frank,

http://sau.ferni.net...eb2012Sched.pdf

thats the event we did in feb

basically there is skidpan/motorkharna event and also some sprints out the back, point A to point B.

skidpan consists of 2 layouts where you have to go around cones a certain way, you get 2 goes at each layout

sprints also consist of 2 layouts, basically you just have to start from point A and get to point B as quick as you can

end of the day we do battles on the skidpan, the skidpan is split in 2 and 2 cars race around a pre determined layout

its a really fun day, everyone is super friendly

thanks.

how exactly should the extingwisher be correctly mounted? i asume somewear within arms reach of the driver. my extingwisher has a plastic bracket not metal like in the regulations. is there a way around bolting it to the car/body? how do you guys do yours?

thanks.

how exactly should the extingwisher be correctly mounted? i asume somewear within arms reach of the driver. my extingwisher has a plastic bracket not metal like in the regulations. is there a way around bolting it to the car/body? how do you guys do yours?

disregard* just worked out how to do it from the sandown track day forum.

are there any wet skid pan day events held by the club at deca?

disregard* just worked out how to do it from the sandown track day forum.

are there any wet skid pan day events held by the club at deca?

nope

I have watched a forester gracefully aquaplane off the deca skid pan when wet...

trust em you don;t want to do a wet day there..

nope

I have watched a forester gracefully aquaplane off the deca skid pan when wet...

trust em you don;t want to do a wet day there..

how fast must of he been going? dry days are boring i seen evos/rexis just understeer all day , wet awd skating ftw lol

how fast must of he been going? dry days are boring i seen evos/rexis just understeer all day , wet awd skating ftw lol

not that fast, that skid pan is horrid when wet.

if the pan is wet its like trying to drive on ice, you could almost literally jump out and push your car around its that slippery

Just sent off my forms and paid.

AASA renewal in progress, since mine expires 2 days before the event! Jason, you and I must have gotten ours at the same time just before the August 2011 DECA.

Yeah the Wet DECA was balls... All over the place and it was more luck than anything else when I was out there :P

There's a section in here of the wet skid pan, I had good tyres and wasn't pushing hard at all, still spun out heaps... No fun.

Dry on the other hand... is a lot more fun :D

The main thing is, when it's dry there is consistent grip. When it's wet, the grip changes with every meter of the track.

See you guys up there :)

Do you mean sign up to the event or sign up as member? If you wish to enter you need to send in an entry form. You do not need to be a member to enter deca.

The more the merrier people, bring friends along. For those who know Deca, we will be ruining the mega mini Wang again. Not sure how many times we are going to be able to run it as the surface is getting tired...