SAU Community

Entries Open: Import Monster Sauvic Deca Motorkhana - September 8 2012

Belsil80

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, im keen to give this a go, will be my first event as a club member, iv had a read over the entry form, looks straight forward,

Only things im curious about, where has everyone else mounted there fire extinguishers? centre console lid? ......

And this AASA licence, i dont have one, whats involved on the day to get it? apart from the $50 dollar charge?

Looking forward to this!

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Print out page 2 of this form and bring it along with $50 on the day, They'll submit the form and payment for you. I'd say to apply directly to AASA, there's still time to do it before the event and recieve your membership card in time, but its better safe than sorry in case AASA processing is delayed for any reason.

http://australianaut...PPLICATION1.pdf

As for the fire extinguisher, it needs to be securely mounted within the car within reach of the driver.

It's been discussed many times before, but to summarise...

Get a 900gram+ Fire Extinguisher from Autobarn which has a metal for mounting. (~$40)

Go to bunnings/your shed and get some aluminium strap (1mm thick x 30mm wide x 50cm long) and.make a car bracket which runs between the passenger seat front bolts. Bolt (with decently strong bolts / washers) the extinguisher bracket to the car bracket.

If you position it right, it won't interfere with the seat movement along the rails, and it'll be easily accessible if needed.

Whenever anyone gets in your car for the first time they'll say "Why do you have a fire extinguisher?!" and you can casually reply "Because Racecar."

In the past some people would tek screw it to the floor or the trans tunnel or console lid. In an accident they'd rip out straight away. So this WILL NOT pass scrutineering on the day.

LOL because racecar, haha, thanks for that advice Simon, ill be doing exactly what you said with the front passenger seat bolts, will look professional and neat,

ill get on the AASA application straight away

Guys, will there be lockers or somewhere for us to unload our bags/stuff during the day?

Everyone leaves their stuff on the ground... it will be fine!

If you dont like that you could put it in one of the offices.... in anycase you'll be fine :yes:

Well I know how to drive, so it won't be a blown motor!

But i do have an issue with WD's. I can't remember more than about 5 consecutive things at any given moment... So I'll keep going with that failboating no doubt.

:thumbsup: Just like last time... team orange FTW. Again. And Again.

lol you know damn well if i didn't get that WD, I was equal first. Out & out cheaper/race car vs a streeter that's never run the course HOHOHOH MERRRY CHRISTMASSSSS :thumbsup:

Everyone leaves their stuff on the ground... it will be fine!

If you dont like that you could put it in one of the offices.... in anycase you'll be fine :yes:

Thanks! My first time and not sure what to expect.