SAU Community

Wheels Sticking Out Of Arches. Illegal?

I love the agressive look, gonna buy em and drive till i get defected :(

That REALLY is not a very smart idea! Its like waving a red flag at a bull!

Like the other guys have said, as soon as they spot the over-sized wheels on the car, it is an invite to go all through the vehicle, and you have the potential to have all sorts of things defected... including not having enough water in you windscreen wiper reseviour.

Could become bullshit expensive, and time consuming, and for what? having some Mexican poke?

That REALLY is not a very smart idea! Its like waving a red flag at a bull!

Like the other guys have said, as soon as they spot the over-sized wheels on the car, it is an invite to go all through the vehicle, and you have the potential to have all sorts of things defected... including not having enough water in you windscreen wiper reseviour.

Could become bullshit expensive, and time consuming, and for what? having some Mexican poke?

Haha so true mate, that wasn't a very well thought out comment

I'm gonna carefully consider offsets/sizes before i buy.

most likely 9.5's all round with +15 at the rear and +22 at the front.

I would probably kamehameha the cop if he pinned me for my windscreen wiper reservoir :/

Is that offset going in a GTR? They will still poke out on a GTST. I had 17x10 +18 on the rear.

naaa, going on a 34gt. +22 is pretty flush for the fronts from what ive heard, concerned about the +15 for the rear.

oh well, I've bought the wheels, just awaiting postage, i'll post up pics when they are fitted.

I've got 17x9.75 +25 with stretched tyres on my r32 gtst, stick out a bit.. Had them on for 6months now and been passed hundreds of cops only been pulled up twice and never had any probs with the wheels at all.

I've got 17x9.75 +25 with stretched tyres on my r32 gtst, stick out a bit.. Had them on for 6months now and been passed hundreds of cops only been pulled up twice and never had any probs with the wheels at all.

That doesnt stick out anywhere near as much as this guys 10 +15 will

Another thing to keep in mind that the cop asked me about was what size are the standard rims and what amaze rims are on the car. Lucky they were only 1 inch bigger so he couldn't get me for that either.

Hmmm, I was going to run 18x10" +22 on my GTT, But bit worried they will stick out to far. Opinions ?

Yeh, mate,, you're gonna have the same problem as me, I'll pm you a few posts ive found of guys that have done +22?

it's too late, i've already ordered the rims, so i'll post up pictures soon, when they are delivered and fitted.

Another thing to keep in mind that the cop asked me about was what size are the standard rims and what amaze rims are on the car. Lucky they were only 1 inch bigger so he couldn't get me for that either.

I think the gt's are 16" so i should be right i think, cos i think the limit is 2" from memory.

Hmmm, I was going to run 18x10" +22 on my GTT, But bit worried they will stick out to far. Opinions ?

will stick out by about 25mm, meaning you'd need stupid camber, massive stretch or a decent flare to have a chance. the picture ive attached is a 9.5 +20 running around 1.7 degrees camber. making anything bigger fit would take time and money.

post-89886-0-08336900-1344855961_thumb.jpg

will stick out by about 25mm, meaning you'd need stupid camber, massive stretch or a decent flare to have a chance. the picture ive attached is a 9.5 +20 running around 1.7 degrees camber. making anything bigger fit would take time and money.

what tyre size are you running?

my 275's with shitty +48 offset stuck waaay out on my supra(and i had a widebody!)

siderim-3.jpg

2012-01-22164206-1.jpg

Got pulled over by the cops 3 times for various things , not one said anything about the wheels , and it had a fair bit of poke to....

in saying that....i don't advise doing that as its not worth knowing your riding on a defect every time you sit behind the wheel and as with all defects its up to the discretion of the cop.

also , flush looks awesome :)