SAU Community

R32 Rb25 Powered Gtx35R Build

430hp on 18psi. Anymore boost and it starts breaking down again. new plugs and splitfires and still persistant miss above 5900. Cas signal is clean.

Going to swap over coil loom and ignitor unit with a good one to see if it makes difference

MORE PROGRESS!!!

Swapped out the loom and ignitor done a quick check of more boost to see if breaking down.

Put it up to 25psi with pretty much no tuning for power just "ok" mixtures and it pushed out 467hp with a clean miss free rev. So with some tuning it should see 480hp without to many issues

New loom on order, trying to track down a new fair priced ignitor unit.

Slowly getting there

• 1 month later...

Car goes in tuesday for another go at powers. Owner has a new goal to beat the power my car made recently (503hp). Not going to hold our breath but will see what happens

It certainly feels like a long uphill battle. Its just been little shit holding it back.

WELL.....I would love to be posting a dyno sheet picture and figures right now but staying with the current trend with this nightmare.

Started doing runs on car to get everything up to temp while doing the usual pre-checks for tuning, on around the 7th run on decel the radiator fan decided to catch on top tank of radiator tearing out about 10 cooling rows in total. A coolant shower followed, real kick in pants considering radiator only 2 months old.

New radiator and twin thermo fan setup has been ordered so no chance of it happening again.

I think I might be jinxing ourself by posting tune dates so ill shutup about the next tune date and see if luck changes

• 5 months later...

I second this. It's been a great write up so far. I was sorry to hear about the radiator drama testing your patients.

I'm slowly building myself a similar setup for my 32 and I would love to see the final tune and of course some more video's of it in action!

• 5 months later...

Long time thread revival from the dead. car sat untouched in the shed for several months as the owner lost some amount of interest. Only so much can take before motivation dies off........BUT!!!!!!. I persisted with him to pull his finger out and get it finished.

Threw a set of plugs, some fresh fuel at it and took it back to the dyno today. Straight away the car was running very lean from 5500rpm onwards. Fuel pressure logs showed 13+psi of drop as revs built. The workshop pulled fuel pump out found some less then fantastic wiring so he repaired that but it didnt fix the issue completely. Going back to the basics checked the fuel filter and found that it was full of some sort of material blocking it. Change the filter and instantly the fuel pressure returned to normal and AFR's started reacting to map adjustments. Only fixed the issue after 5pm today so tomorrow is a new day and things are looking good to give it some hell.

With too much base fuel pressure and no messing with tables it ran 315kws@ 22psi on a lower rev run so with any luck all the constant stupid issues are behind us.

Hoping to be able to get some footage of dyno run for the thread. Its extremely loud in booth so might not work out.

Ive said it countless times before but Results may follow tomorrow!!!!

Log of fuel pressure before.
Untitled_zpsce9e5a9e.jpg

Edited by nick81xd

Great to hear mate, i was just thinking about this car yesterday and how it was getting on, one of my favourite builds on SAU. Would love to be able to have as much knowledge as you, please keep updating as things happen :)

And good luck, i think you need it!

THE MOONS HAVE ALIGNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We finally got a result worth talking about last thursday. I was meant to post it that night but was busy helping a mate with his skyline to race at Jamboree yesterday.

Started with a few safe runs to check nothing was playing up with the fuel pressures and all was perfect. Adjusted base pressure and started tuning. The car must of been in a good mood because it behaved......somewhat.

The boost controller to put it honest.......is S#!T. No matter the hook up method/settings its lazy coming onto boost. Put a bleed tap on and its so much faster to build boost. Instead of build boost and holding it just works its way up to boost and hovers around that. It will be replaced very soon with something more reliable.

The standard LINK map sensor has maxed out so we stopped at a total boost pressure of 26psi.

Now to the part everyone has been waiting for all this time POWER FIGURE.

Running 25-26psi on BP98 fuel the car made 507.6hp or 378.5kws for those playing the KW game.

Looking at the boost curve you can see that how lazy it is building boost, there is easily 40hp in the mid-range area to be had by sorting that out.
My own car's engine setup is pretty much identical to this engine internally aside from i run a bigger flowing head, externally i have a ETM manifold setup with a plain GT3582, 4 inch dump and a long runner intake(vs short run greddy intake). On same boost i made 503hp, We overlayed the graph from that over this cars graph and found some interesting results. I have to edit the graph so its a bit easier to follow/read though but it looks like the GTX spools faster then the GT turbo but doesnt have the flow until higher up, the GT makes more power/psi until later. Once new controller goes in that might change also more boost added in.

On the short drive home it just stands up on the tyres in 2nd and 3rd no problem once get a bit more time will take it out for a longer drive.
Did not get any videos unfortunetly. See what the weekend holds might get time.

Dyno graph

Screenshot_2014-08-29-11-57-12_1_zpsb121

• Like 1

Can put all the blame for having to wait on the owner of the car. It wasnt for lack of trying from me to get it sorted. It was almost getting to the point where i was going to steal the car and take it to get tuned with my own money.

videos possibly this weekend