SAU Community

R32 Rb25 Powered Gtx35R Build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The owner worked out his keyboard works and posted something for himself :P

Short video of 25psi, Because the car is low and stiff suspension setup for drifting getting a full power run without wheel slip is pretty hard but you get the idea

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the road it would be around the 4600-4800 its seen full 25psi. Once the boost controller is replaced i would say it will be down around 4300-4600 area. Febuary next year is roughly the month that the car will be swapped over to Ethanol and then should get interesting

• 2 months later...

Nothing worth reporting on, waiting on the new model boost controller to come out.....dont know which one though, some jap thing with a fancy screen.

Owner has just been driving it and trashing it when he can. Engine holding up well, Only starts to get any blowby oil when its due for a service which is good.

Owner currently overseas so car is just sitting for the moment.........i do know where the keys to it are hmmmmmm

• 2 months later...

Weird that someone posted on this the exact day it was being worked on.

No boost controller yet BUT!!!!

Not sure of exact date but it wouldnt of been 3 weeks after the last post i made that i get a phone call from the owner saying its broke again..... :angry: sigh.

While being driven around town one of the belts started to squeak a bit, so owner decided he would go to the closest "closed" road and give it a squirt to just clear out the gunk......what followed was a complete dumping of bodily fluids in a trail behind the car. Something in the cooling system failed. The belt squeak must of been coolant starting to leak out onto them.

Towed car home checked it next day to find as much water as could put in it was running out just as fast from the water pump/head area.

At that point the owner said fk it im not fixing it, thing can sit for a while sick of dramas (dont blame him). This week we decided to pull it apart and investigate.....

What we found was the welsh plug in the front of the head had somehow popped out

IMAG0635_zpscrldojwv.jpg

This is exactly how it was sitting behind the cover waiting nicely for us to remove it

IMAG0637_zpsrpiehjo2.jpg

IMAG0636_zpsfqovf1ub.jpg

Looking at the ghost marks in the head, the plug was installed crooked in the first place and was only "biting" on the very edge in one spot. We never replaced this plug when we built the engine as the head was reco'd by previous owner......oversight by us.

Fresh brass plug inside (correctly this time)

IMAG0638_zps4ar1wnf3.jpg

Video of start up after sitting unmoved for couple of months.....Poor little lifters havent had a drink for a while
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/nick81xd/Alans%20rb25%20engine/th_VIDEO0228_zpsd83mgvg1.mp4

Oddly enough when stripping down i found the inlet cam was a tooth forward of mark :wacko::wacko:. We have no idea how that has happened as it was checked few nights before the tune, We have a little bit more work to do before drivable but will have to check the tune AGAIN to see if it was tuned with the cam advanced......May drive like a completely different car and pick up some power somewhere in the map.

On a non engine related news. Owner ordered various front arms, a complete rear arm set and rear hub/knuckle assembly this week from GKTECH. So when those parts all arrive i will be documenting all of the work put into installing that kit. Time to stop messing around, playing games and get the car ready to be given a hard time at the track.

Edited by nick81xd

Haha. I only posted on this due to the fact that I'm in the middle of doing my rb25 neo gtx3582r. Mine will hopefully be sorted by next weekend. Dyno booked for Friday. Only going to run 20 to 22psi as bottom end is std and neo head still runs factory valves and springs.

• 1 month later...