SAU Community

R32 Rb25 Powered Gtx35R Build

Early tuning so far has cracked the 300kw barrier. Has a small misfire up top of revs, threw a new set of plugs in it to see if it helps ran out of time in day. Its still making power at 7400 revs so its promising so far

Gotta love modifying cars.

After taking car back in with new plugs and the thought missfire had been cured, ran it up seemed good to go did a few runs running spot on. Started to get some heat soak into Everything and it starts breaking down again......:(.

Looks like the set of splitfires have seen their day. ( they were on car when it was purchased do unsure of age).

Currently on 18psi its making 317kws which is getting there. Once coils are fixed ( very soon) it will be good to crank some boost into it

Just getting another set of splitfires. Owner thought about copying setup that's on my own car, 6 Bosch coils and aftermarket ignitor pack but plebt people making power no issue with splitfires.

Expecting power to jump up quickly from now. The turbo should be coming alive with a bit more boost

well we just got a e85 bowser installed in town just yesterday so its a option, going to run pump fuel for a while and then down the track switch over to e85

New splitfires arrived and are installed. Quickly threw it on dyno just do get a lot of heat soak in it and load it completely in 4th. No missfire.

Once workshop has a spare couple hours it will get put back on for attempt number 372865 at successful tune.

• 2 weeks later...

well we just got a e85 bowser installed in town just yesterday so its a option, going to run pump fuel for a while and then down the track switch over to e85

:O E85?? Which servo mate?

This was an awesome read so far considering this is the path I'm thinking of going down.. (Not drifting though)

R32's are so sexy.. Especially with a 25 under the bonnet!

Sure do I'm over in Bargara, just about to start a little build soon but have bought fuel system components to suit 98. Might have to upgrade once it's up and running.... Good thread mate, very keen to hear how it goes once tuned!

Sure do I'm over in Bargara, just about to start a little build soon but have bought fuel system components to suit 98. Might have to upgrade once it's up and running.... Good thread mate, very keen to hear how it goes once tuned!

Cool id say depending on project plan it out and spend once, otherwise just throwing money away. From what ive seen and heard the ethanol content is pretty consistent on a analyzer.

We are keen to get some results but it all just takes time unfortunetly

Yeah you're right, the Xspurt 1000's will handle it and I can just use my new intank pump as a lift for a surge tank so that will work out ok. If United remain a reliable source for good E85 then that will be excellent! Make sure you let us all know once you get a tune on ethanol as well :) be very interesting to see the same setup tuned on 98 then retuned on E85.

• 1 month later...