SAU Community

Ev's - R32 Gtr - Targa/sprint/hill Climb Build

355GTS

Yeah I honestly think you trying to get rego will be a costly and fruitless excercise for no real purpose. It's hard enough to get a purely street car VASS & EPA approved let alone something far more out there.

The difference? The price! They are better again according to those in the know, reflected in the price of course like everything.

I had Bilstein front/Nismo rear - must say it was fail. Putting in the RP Teins improved the car so immensely (as well as front/rear diff & transfer case). I had the softer Tien setup (was Snowys old stuff), was really really good for Tarmac/Motorkhana stuff, up Mt Baw Baw it was really impressive and Chris agreed, he was dumb enough to sit in my passenger seat on a couple of runs hehe. Circuit ones use harder springs so guess its a choice one needs to make.

I wish i had my car, and wish i was up @ Mt Baw Baw again thinking about it... Such a great weekend.

Surprised you are going with modded stock arms rather than modded cusco ones if it's a dedicated track/tarmac car as you get more adjustability. I had stock modified fronts as it was still did predominately street work.

• Like 1

Hmmm.....maybe Chris is planning on doing the modded Cusco ones and I have my wires crossed. I will check up on that.

I will do some running on the Bilsteins and see how they go. then I will have something to compare them to if I upgrade.

I have booked a day at Sandown in November for her first run with John Bowe advanced driving....looking forward to that.

Cool project.... must resist doing this to my one. Have to keep it street driven. Will be interested how you go with club rego. The X in the roof hoop means you will have no chance with full rego. Side intrusions need to be below cushion height (get some deep sided Velo seats ;)). Also the cage has to follow the roofline I think to 25mm IIRC.

Haha... I am average height. I am 177cm tall. We mocked up the seat to the fitted height and I sat in with helmet and had a tonne of head clearance. Andrew commented he was surprised how much head room there was! Fingers crossed I fit in :)

http://www.cams.com....83C0975050.ashx

This will help you a little with the cage regs.

What brakes? As the stockers are useless once you get some pace going.

thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Yeah I am upgrading the brakes with some new brand that RPM are trialling for the first time on Chris' car. The brand escapes me but I will get it for you and post it next week. He thinks they will be great value for money for racing purposes. If I didnt go for those I was planning on finding a second hand set of F40 or F50 brembos (plan B).

Haha... I am average height. I am 177cm tall. We mocked up the seat to the fitted height and I sat in with helmet and had a tonne of head clearance. Andrew commented he was surprised how much head room there was! Fingers crossed I fit in :)

I"m spot on 180cm, and theres no way known i could have had the main hoop that far forward in my car

when my build topic finally gets approved, you'll see my main hoop had to go up on the rear seat section, about 4 inches further back than yours.

otherwise i was to close to everything,..

But then again my seat postion was picked with the car on the scales, so as to get as much weight back and down in the car as possible

GTRs are a front heavy pig...

Cheers

I"m spot on 180cm, and theres no way known i could have had the main hoop that far forward in my car

when my build topic finally gets approved, you'll see my main hoop had to go up on the rear seat section, about 4 inches further back than yours.

But then again my seat postion was picked with the car on the scales, so as to get as much weight back and down in the car as possible

Cheers

I hear you. Andrew who is building the cage is the same height as me so that helps in the checking process when building. I have not sat in it yet with the seat in and the cage as I am away for work in WA. When I get back next week it should be finished so I will do a sit and with helmet and post a few photos.

regards,

Ev

I hear you. Andrew who is building the cage is the same height as me so that helps in the checking process when building. I have not sat in it yet with the seat in and the cage as I am away for work in WA. When I get back next week it should be finished so I will do a sit and with helmet and post a few photos.

regards,

Ev

can't wait to see it finished by the way, it's a credit to both yourself and the guys at racepace.. :yes:

Cheers

Did YT do your cage? my main hoop is back on the rear seat section too.

Andrew from Trackart is doing the cage. When he finishes it goes back to RPM for some more goodies.

Cheers

WOW. I didnt even realise people went to that much trouble to balance a skyline and get the weight distribution even. There must only be a small amount anyone can push the seat back or else how do you reach the pedals? I just put the seat where the driving position felt comfortable for arms and legs. I think I will worry about improving my driving technique first for a few years and then maybe look at these things down the track in stage 2 or 3 of the rolling build.

Nah Chris Tanner done my Cage, YT taught him though...

and i have a floor mount Tilton pedal box, so reaching the pedals isn't a drama.,.

Cheers