SAU Community

C34 Auto Trans Quick Shift Kit

OLDS

After having some serious trans perfomance issues, it was found to be travelling in "safe mode" ie 3rd & reverse gear only

so I followed the recommendation of some SA forum members & took my baby to Michael @ MV Perfomance Automatics

...it required a shift solenoid set to fix the non-selecting gear problem & I agreed to a shift "improver kit" (quick shift) as well.

It cost $390 for the Shift Solenoid Set (that Nissans wanted almost $900 for) & $350 for the Shift Improver Kit + the trans fluid & gaskets etc $75.

Now I am a seriously OLD fella but far out, I can not believe the extraordinary difference in it's performance !!

it is frigg'n AWESOME !!!!.... it is a totally different car.

If you have not put a quick shift in your auto yet, do it ! It is the best $400 you will ever spend.

OLD Mark

• Like 1

living just 5 minutes down the road from MV, your giving me good reason to do this. Must say with most makes/models I have had with autos - MV has always been the first reference anyone has given - top guys.

Indeed Aaron...he does different "levels" of the shift kit ranging from softer gear changes to "slamming" into gear for high performance & drag cars.

I am OLD & just wanted the "softest" change....now there is immediate, no flarring changes & the box is immediately receptive to the increase & decrease

in revs...it is how it responds rather than the type of response that changes. HOWEVER, when I change over to manual control on the steering

wheel, it feels just like a manual box change...unreal !

It actually feels like I have a bigger turbo kicking it...the immediate gear change response is that good...all for $400

"the OLD fella"

Had one done in an RS a while ago and it blew my mind how it changed the car, better shifting into lock up mode when cruising and better oil flow to the back of the box. I wouldnt bother getting under the car for myself, Id go straight to MV.... as I intend to with the current RS$...lntentional typO

Hey guys

i live in syd but am very keen to get a quick

shift kit 4 my rs.seems like a cheap cost for massive

improvement.is there anyone that has had the kit put

in here in syd? Or know where to source the kit from?

Cheers boys

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back again...

I have read how great the shift kit is ...now I want one... fingers crossed I'll get a nice tax return!

Can anybody recommend a decent place to get the MV shift kit installed in Sydney?