SAU Community

Looking For R34 Gtr Engine

Hey guys,

Recently done the bottem end bearings in my 34, and just looking at my options,

Im looking for either a complete R34 GTR engine or just the head/block and ill swap all my parts across to the new engine.

Any suggestions on who might have engines in stock and rough prices? will also be interested in buying a Built engine if anybody is considering selling or knows of one for sale.

Otherwise Im looking at about 10k for a racepace rebuild, or 14k for their 2.8L rebuild.

Im not the best with engines so anybody able to give me a rough rundown on parts needed for a proper built 2.8l build with necessary supporting mods and price? HKS/tomei if its not a huge price difference from other brands

Thanks guys

Well the racepace 2,8l kit is everything needed for the engine bottem end oil pump and few necessary mods to the head, Then ill need to get -5 turbos injectors fuel pump AFM's and bigger front mount i think, for about 400 awk.

I can just about sell my -7 for same price id buy -5 so thats not an issue, So will probably set me back 14 for build and 1500-2000 for other parts.

but is it worth 16k for 400awk

And i keep hearing really big prices in build but i dont quite see where the value is.

even for tomei 2.8k its about 6k oil pump water pump 2k, machine shop 1-1.5k? gaskits and such another 1k? not sure whats needed in the head, but im guessing and probably missing some items of note?

Edited by itsmeyo

Hey guys,

Im looking for either a complete R34 GTR engine or just the head/block and ill swap all my parts across to the new engine.

Any suggestions on who might have engines in stock and rough prices? will also be interested in buying a Built engine if anybody is considering selling or knows of one for sale.

Otherwise Im looking at about 10k for a racepace rebuild, or 14k for their 2.8L rebuild.

Im not the best with engines so anybody able to give me a rough rundown on parts needed for a proper built 2.8l build with necessary supporting mods and price? HKS/tomei if its not a huge price difference from other brands

Thanks guys

I've got a a mate with a whole 34 GTR engine for sale. PM for his details. Also, you can pick up the 24U N1 blocks for about 13k brand new....even less if your lucky.

Hey guys,

Thanks guys

Just out of interest, what are you going to use the car for?

Street, weekend car / Track beast? Or simply rebuilding it to get the car back on the road?

Are you pursuing big power?

I am going a head with their Stage 1 rebuild.

Smart stuff spend 1.1mil Yen (14k) on an overseas engine as opposed to 14k locally and at least have some level of recourse if something went wront :rolleyes:

cheers mate always a good idea to have options hence the 3 links I posted up

although I know most local tuning/building shops get it right first time

I've already asked Jesse about sending an engine over and he says his only container contact is in Brisbane so if you're in other states, domestic shipping costs would apply.

The engine is only able to be shipped via container so there'll be no tracking, no insurance, cannot avoid import tax, will take A LONG time and will set you back 14k when the Racepace stage 1 build will cost 10k and produce a reliable 400kw.

Just out of interest, what are you going to use the car for?

Street, weekend car / Track beast? Or simply rebuilding it to get the car back on the road?

Are you pursuing big power?

I am going a head with their Stage 1 rebuild.

Well if its built right i guess i wont mind taking it on the track, but thats not what im doing it for, pretty much just playing the hand ive been forced now that bottem end is gone and would not mind more power.

But in saying that, it is my daily and i do want to be able to pass EPA without having to do Major work to do so.

Well if its built right i guess i wont mind taking it on the track, but thats not what im doing it for, pretty much just playing the hand ive been forced now that bottem end is gone and would not mind more power.

But in saying that, it is my daily and i do want to be able to pass EPA without having to do Major work to do so.

I see!

I too was in a similar situation as it was just my weekender and was leaning towards just rebuilding it with stock Nissan parts.

But Racepace justify as you are not far off (price wise) a forged build vs a stock build.

+ while the engine is out, you might as well go with forged.

Also Racepace build the RB26 to their specs from what they saw best with their research and development.

So you paying $10K - $14K is not just an engine but along with all their further developments / improvements.

Emissions is not a worry as Racepace can easily fabricate to suite your needs.

I've already asked Jesse about sending an engine over and he says his only container contact is in Brisbane so if you're in other states, domestic shipping costs would apply.

The engine is only able to be shipped via container so there'll be no tracking, no insurance, cannot avoid import tax, will take A LONG time and will set you back 14k when the Racepace stage 1 build will cost 10k and produce a reliable 400kw.

^^ This!