SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Indeed that sucks balls :wacko:

How did that happen Robbie?

Did it occur at high revs or just normal driving?

I think that further investigation why it flew went off is warranted before you go ahead and acquire another harmonic balancer.

Ross Tuffbond balancers (metal jacket types) are renowned for spitting belts.

Also, there plenty of members that run standard / OEM harmonic balancer Robbie and don't throw any belts - food for thought.

• Like 1

Yes, but a standard balancer isn't going to provide the same harmonic damping protection to the engine as a metal jacket, especially at higher horsepower levels that what the original damper was designed for.

• Like 1

Good point - but ignoring the belt issue, are they AS good at harmonic dampening as the Metal Jacket?

If the Metal Jacket is even slightly better then is it not a worthwhile precaution, especially on an all out build?

Again, assuming that the belt issue was not a factor.

Yes, but a standard balancer isn't going to provide the same harmonic damping protection to the engine as a metal jacket, especially at higher horsepower levels that what the original damper was designed for.
I agree, however Robbie's car is not a drag machine and I don't think a harmonic balancer is entirely mandatory in his situation. Just my opinion.

A better balancer should help prolong the life of the oil pump, even under normal driving conditions, so surely that's a good enough reason in itself to use the best balancer you can get?

There is also another MJ revision 306202X2 which I'd say is version 2 of yours, which could save you having to go to an underdriven pulley?

Does the P/S pulley look different on this one compared to yours? Could be a better option than an ugly extra pulley?

mj306202.jpg

Actually my p/s pulley is already under driven. I do have a spare one of the above so I will check for any differences.

Yeh that extra tensioner set up looks like dogs balls! Thanks again for the input mate, appreciate it.

I threw a few gates belts with my metal jacket on my 26/30 between 5/6000rpm with 330rwhp went to Bosch belt and haven't had any more issues

Interesting. Thanks

Indeed that sucks balls :wacko:

How did that happen Robbie?

Did it occur at high revs or just normal driving?

I think that further investigation why it flew went off is warranted before you go ahead and acquire another harmonic balancer.

Ross Tuffbond balancers (metal jacket types) are renowned for spitting belts.

Also, there plenty of members that run standard / OEM harmonic balancer Robbie and don't throw any belts - food for thought.

Yeh at high RPM, no less than 7,000...New belt is on and will be watched closely!

Seems to be the case Ants. Will be working with 'the rock' (mechanic) and no doubt we will have it sorted soon ;)

There is a thread in the forced induction section, enough examples in the thread to warrant a change to ati or OEM

Thanks Simon, have now read through this. See what happens...as always time will tell :cheers:

So got a few more shots in on Sunday, will get the rest up over next couple of days

DSC01969.JPG

DSC01968.JPG

DSC01965.JPG

DSC01963.JPG

DSC01962.JPG

DSC01960.JPG

DSC01977.JPG

DSC01976.JPG

DSC01983.JPG

• Like 3

Looks epic, so envious!

:thanks:

Have you seen this brochure?

http://www.downloads.gtr.org.uk/Brochures/R32GTR&GTS4.pdf

If you could track down a real one it would be a good addition to put in the glovebox!

I have thanks mate, will keep an eye out, if anyone sees one come up please let me know

I remember around when you first posted this thread, having forgotten about it and come back I got to say your title was not a lie. Good stuff Robbie, love ya work mate.

Ahhh cheers Patrick, appreciate that mate.

That last picture is spot on!

Happy someone noticed, my favourite as well Judd, surprise myself sometimes :thumbsup:

DSC01971.JPG

DSC02001.JPG

DSC02004.JPG

DSC01991.JPG

DSC01988.JPG

DSC01979.JPG

• Like 1

Happy someone noticed, my favourite as well Judd, surprise myself sometimes :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I can always appreciate good pictures, but can't take a decent one to save my life lol

DSC01979.JPG

This looks like its a magazine shoot. Tops

• Like 1