SAU Community

Drive Safe

ecl

+1 if it was reckless driving, it's a hell of a thing to have to think about it

this is the reason i flat out don't carry passengers when i go for drives in the hills

I can't see how that type of accident in that type of car could be anything but the result of excessive speed/inexperience.

I'm all for a bit of a squirt every now and then, but that's terrible.

It is very sad to hear about this accident. Deepest condolences to all involved or impacted by this tragedy.

It's also sad that I have to remind everyone that this is a public forum and posts here have been used on news shows when reporting on incidents so please be mindful of anything you post related to this story.

Very sad. No one can really pass judgement without knowing the circumstances.

Extreme care is required with these cars given the power it has, but no matter what car you drive you must remember that you are responsible for the care of your passengers.

Brian

Its terrible. I live just near there, and I know the road he was going down, and HEAPS of people go up that big left hander past the driving range all the time with excessive speed. From what I heard, there wasn't even any brake marks on the road suggesting he was travelling so fast that he didn't even have time to hit the brakes. They also captured the car rocketing past a security camera moments before, and it was absolutely moving. As soon as you go around that corner, there is a set of traffic lights, so I have NFI why he was moving so fast.

Condolences to the family.

this is insane....what the hell was the driver thinking, the only car that i have ever seen that had damage like this was a commodore that left the road and landed in a storm water drain the spedo was stuck at 220km/hr, very sad RIP....