SAU Community

Gtt034 - The Second Time Around...

Good news, had dump and wastegate pipes fabricated yesterday.. Chucked the Haltech into Closed Loop O2 mode and went for a nice 40 minute cruise. Car sounds amazing and has not missed a beat so far. Drove it into work and will be dropping the oil tonight to fill up with some fresh Synthetic SN rated oil and will try and book some dyno time in the coming days.

Here's an underside shot :) Suprisingly the car is quiet when cruising! Almost quieter than my old 3" system.. Weird..

0KhFAgvl.jpg

Had a couple of hours on the dyno at work tonight.. Just cleaned up the fuel map mostly and made sure the thing wasnt going to destroy itself.. My very amateur ability resulted in this:

zThpBLSl.jpg

Cant wait to get some more dyno time and see what happens when i put some boost into it. :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got some dyno time this afternoon, dialled in some boost through the mid-range.. same outright power but plenty of punch from 3000 onwards! Peak boost here is 20psi, i havnt had a good dig through the logs to see how smooth the curve is but theres still some work to be done in my fuel mapping as the AFR's are a bit rich and slightly wonky..

TNkspLcl.jpg

That 200-250rwkw at 3-4k is a lovely thing. :)

Had an awesome evening and it was great chatting to guys in the staging lanes while waiting to run.

First run i took it easy off the line and shifted into 5th early.. 12.89@97mph

Second I stayed into it a bit but ran out of legs in 4th and did a 11.91@124mph

The next few runs were all high 11's at ~122mph

Had a break and got some food then went back out for a couple more sessions..

Managed an 11.54@125mph then an 11.59@125mph

Definitely keen to get back out there with some proper rubber :)

LUXGHHZl.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I completely forgot to update this thread after posting graphs in other sections of SAU.

Soo, this was the result after a night on the dyno and 26psi. Still pretty safe at this point.

Gonna get back to the drags on some ET Streets and then Cootamundra in May and attempt to play with the big boys.

gAl4ZNEl.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New PB..

11.0 @ 137mph

255 ET Streets. Shit 60ft as I bogged the launch. Bitch to get off the line as I was trying not to smoke the clutch... which i ended up doing on my 3rd run..

97LZeyQl.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man this is so ridiculously insane for a rwd, but I love the attention to detail. I also love "lack of funds" but you go straight for an rb34 build hahaha. Great work on this, it's nice to see a GTT get some loving.

Had some more dyno time last night after some much needed upgrades.. Fitted the car with a new gearbox with OS internals, OS diff and new clutch. Also re-did the breather setup in the engine bay and fitted the car with a real-time GPS tracking system I designed.. ;)

OJY3pMDl.jpg

cfhKR07l.jpg

LGABnvdl.jpg

Now with 29psi and being slightly more aggressive with mixtures and timing i've passed the 800rwhp barrier with 824rwhp at ~7300rpm.

2X64LCCl.jpg

• Like 1