SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

I bought the switch as even if you try to fix the old one it will happen again at some point. The new one will see the Car out. So really not bad for 20+ years at least for the price.

I'm hoping to squeeze 9 more months out of it, money is tight (getting married in Aug '14) and that's $185 I'd like to chuck somewhere else on the car lol

Hard induction pipe going in, but i have to move the washer bottle, to do that i have to move other stuff...... one mod leads to another, leads to another.

Bloody tight engine bay. Batteries gone to the boot and theres still not enough room for everything. :dry:

and this guy doesn't even own a GTR.... Bah.

An extra turbo, abs, etc...

No wonder they cost so much to do up, stuff would have to be custom made just right to fit in there.

but arent they wider?

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik

Well I had a look at my head light, passenger sidw not working. Globe is fine, the bit the globe sits in is fine. Ran the test light to the plug and it has power....

I'm stumped has anyone got any ideas? Pm me if you want so it doesn't get this thread off topic.

I have been googling all arvo lol

Yea swapped globes, I have power coming to the light (green wire) but I assume no earth that's why it's no go, also the high beam doesn't appear to work on that side but has power at the plug (red/yellow I think it is)

So I'm guessing its the earth from the loom before the wires split up with plugs for high/low beam.

I don't have a multimeter :/

Would it be to dodgy to splice the earth from the drivers side and run it across?

Headlight switch on cluster surround :thumbsup:

Soooo I pulled the switch out and apparently its not that old, has a nice chrome just jap sticker on it.

Any other ideas

Soooo I pulled the switch out and apparently its not that old, has a nice chrome just jap sticker on it.

Any other ideas

Bidge a wire from the drivers headlight assembly to the passengar to test to make sure everything works there. If the passengar light comes on it is the switch.

Try this simple test.

Turn lights on then pull indicator stalk back and both headlights should go into high beam. (a flash basically)

Then flick the indicator stalk forward (highbeam). If the switch is failing you will either get no high beam or only a single light on high beam.

Good luck

Sooo update, Jimmy came round and bam it was the switch, a little tweaking and cleaning and I know have a left hand head light and high beam that work :)

Thanks everyone and a big thanks to Jimmy for coming me around and teaching me how to fix the switch.

Induction pipe done, sounds a little different, bov sounds different.

Found a hose at supercheap that was just perfect for the extension on the bov hose.

Cold airbox trimmed to fit, dunno if i like it now, might make a new one.

Feels the same, but i know its more reliable.

:thumbsup:

I searched for ages in the For Sales and finally found one, (Autobahn88 brand) but it doesn't work with the Stock Airbox. (Pod Only)

So I ended up getting Scotty nm35 to make me a custom one. Works on both Pod and Airbox.

Not Cheap but it is a Work of Art. :wub: P0RN PIPE!!!