SAU Community

R32 Gt-R V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Register (Inc N1 V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Models)

As we know the R32 N1s did not come fitted with a stereo. (It may have been an option?)

Can anyone with a N1 confirm if the wiring for a head unit or speaker is present in the factory loom or not?

As we know the R32 N1s did not come fitted with a stereo. (It may have been an option?)

Can anyone with a N1 confirm if the wiring for a head unit or speaker is present in the factory loom or not?

most of the boyz here that have a genuine N1 actually have the radio optioned in. So, I doubt you will find your answer here.

I think there is a fellow on the GTR Canada forum that has one without the radio, but not sure if hes on there anymore.

Working in the automotive industry - I can say that wiring looms are complex items and it is often easier to have one loom with empty connectors then different looms for different grades of the same car.......

I for one would be surprised if they made a different wiring loom for the N1 - considering that at the point in the line where the cars are modified (no rear windscreen wiper, A/C etc.) the loom would already be in the car. Also it would be virtually impossible to provide a different loom for those N1's were no radio was optioned (comparedf to N1's with radio optioned in).

I'd be 99.99% certain the connectors exist.

Cheers

The not 100% though Baron

Working in the automotive industry - I can say that wiring looms are complex items and it is often easier to have one loom with empty connectors then different looms for different grades of the same car.......

I for one would be surprised if they made a different wiring loom for the N1 - considering that at the point in the line where the cars are modified (no rear windscreen wiper, A/C etc.) the loom would already be in the car. Also it would be virtually impossible to provide a different loom for those N1's were no radio was optioned (comparedf to N1's with radio optioned in).

Cheers

This is true. Other than a few extra loops of tape to secure the extra wiring, a few clips and blank receptacles for the connectors to seat into, the loom is identical.

Regards, Auto Electrician and N1 owner Adrian :)

Here is a pic of the wiring in my N1 that i took on the weekend. SO it looks like at least my N1 has factory stereo wiring. I cannot confirm or deny if my car came with a stereo or not, as when i got it, it had an aftermarket head deck in it.

R32 GTR N1 Stereo Wiring

Cheers

This is true. Other than a few extra loops of tape to secure the extra wiring, a few clips and blank receptacles for the connectors to seat into, the loom is identical.

Regards, Auto Electrician and N1 owner Adrian :)

Here is a pic of the wiring in my N1 that i took on the weekend. SO it looks like at least my N1 has factory stereo wiring. I cannot confirm or deny if my car came with a stereo or not, as when i got it, it had an aftermarket head deck in it.

Thanks fellas. Good practical logic going on there.

I think we can conclude that all BNR32 looms are the same irrelevant of model variant. At least from factory anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm back after the mishap at SAU trackday..... managed to get my hands on a black R32 GTR V-Spec. I'll post some pics soon once I get the blue slip sorted out. Car has just over 70,000km on the clock.

Chassis: BNR32300254

Model: KBNR32RBFS AA

• Like 2

Hello All,

I'm back after the mishap at SAU trackday..... managed to get my hands on a black R32 GTR V-Spec. I'll post some pics soon once I get the blue slip sorted out. Car has just over 70,000km on the clock.

Is that the QLD car?

If so, it was for sale for ever but looked a great buy.

Could never work out why it didn't sell until now.

Where are you located? We need a V-Spec get together in Sydney!

Bob.

Hey Bob,

yep...its the one from QLD. It took a while to sell as I was getting a few mates to check the car out for me. Wanted to make sure everything was good.

I'm in Peakhurst Heights. We spoke briefly at the 25th Anniversary.

Definitely keen for a V-Spec meet up.

No worries. There was a dark coloured V-Spec or V-Spec II on Carsales in Queensland when I bought mine a couple of years ago. REALLY NICE. The owner had spent a bit replacing worn bits.

Always wondered what happened to it.

No worries. There was a dark coloured V-Spec or V-Spec II on Carsales in Queensland when I bought mine a couple of years ago. REALLY NICE. The owner had spent a bit replacing worn bits.

Always wondered what happened to it.

was that the 93 VSpecI for about $36K??

I seem to remember one being on there for ages.......

Hello All,

Sorted out the blue slip and rego, washed and polished the car, changed over the rims and installed the lower side skirts. AC belt snapped due to tensioner bearing failing....still drivable though

PB092908.jpg

PB092910.jpg