SAU Community

R32 Gt-R V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Register (Inc N1 V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Models)

Hey guys, I bought my car a couple of years ago in the belief that it was a V-Spec 2 but having read this thread I think it may actually be a V-Spec 1, however not entirely sure.

Here's the build plate, any thoughts?

post-132-0-70017300-1403411570_thumb.jpg

It's a V-Spec1........

V-Spec 2's have an 8 where you have a gap preceeding the last two digits AA.

No big deal, the only difference is the tyre size.

225/50/17 vs 245/45/17.

Cheers,

Bob.

Many thanks Bob.

Hi JH32, would you be interested in giving us the lowdown on your car? There's a template on the first Page of this thread.

-Mike

Hi Mike, sure, no problem:

• Model of car: R32 GTR V-Spec
  • 'Chassis No' code: BNR32-307510
  • 'Model' code: KBNR32RBFS AA
  • Photo of the blue chassis plate that is fixed to the car in the driver's side of the engine bay: As posted above
  • Where the car is located - Perth, Western Australia

I bought the car about 2 years ago. As far as I know, it had 3 owners before me in Australia. The 2 prior to me were young guys, didn't have the car much longer than 18 months each. The first owner was, as I understand, a slightly older guy who spent a lot of time maintaining the car, modifying it, and generally looking after it. I still use the same workshop bloke and tuner that he used - according to one he was an Australian Federal Police officer, and the other says he was an SAS soldier. It is probably the case that neither are true but either way, was amusing for me!

I don't use the car much as I have a daily driver, but I do enjoy taking it to the local circuit (Barbagallo) every now and then. I have also taken it to the drag strip twice, running a best of 11.1 seconds down the quarter mile. In some respects I would like to have a nice unmolested example, having seen some of the lovely cars here in this thread, but at the same time it's a great car to drive and I don't regret having done any of the work to it that I have to date. The motor is out of an R34 GTR V-Spec 2 and is running a single turbo setup (GT35R); it has the oil side of things all looked after, and runs on E85 fuel. It's currently off the road again as I decided that through winter I would take the opportunity to install an LS2 coil setup and a Vipec/Link computer to replace the PowerFC that it had previously. I've also installed an ETS-Pro 4WD controller to help out at the track.

I quite like where I have got it to now - it looks reasonably stock from the outside, save for a set of 18" wheels, and is in great condition. The interior is immaculate except that I've taken the stock 3 gauge DIN panel out and replaced with some better gauges that have audible warnings etc. I'm going to keep the interior as it is :)

Here's a couple of pics and a video for a bit of fun.

Top down shot of the car in a mate's factory:

post-132-0-79851500-1403436163_thumb.jpg

Interior shot:

post-132-0-74359500-1403436238_thumb.jpg

Another interior:

post-132-0-93541400-1403436250_thumb.jpg

Mates silliness: #@PSIKO #@VFRegal

post-132-0-07791500-1403436208_thumb.jpg

Barbagallo silliness (my oil cooler hit a ripple strip - thankfully the aforementioned gauges with audible warnings worked a treat!):

post-132-0-99882700-1403436289_thumb.jpg

Quarter mile silliness:

http://youtu.be/nbVbXVpHdCk

Fantastic post.........Well done.

I'm taking mine (V-Spec2 not the ADM) to a private day at the drags (Sydney Motorsport Park - Eastern Creek) this coming Saturday.

I'd love to break into the 12's but I'm not sure if I can launch it well enough to achieve that.

I'll let you know.........

Bob.

Hey guys, I bought my car a couple of years ago in the belief that it was a V-Spec 2 but having read this thread I think it may actually be a V-Spec 1, however not entirely sure.

Here's the build plate, any thoughts?

attachicon.gifBuild plate.jpg

Interestingly, going from your VIN Plate, it's built in February 1994...

You have a V-Spec II sticker on your boot lid but your Model Number does not have the "8" digit...

But it has "AA" which signifies it's a GTR / V-Spec / V-Spec II.

Cheers for the info guys. I wonder when the sticker made its way on to the boot, whether it was at the factory if it was at the end of the production line or a previous owner; I have no idea. At the end of the day I'm not fussed if it's a V-Spec 1 or 2, I just wanted to know so that if I ever sold it down the track I would know exactly what it is that I am selling on to someone else.

Good luck this weekend Bob! :D At the very least I'm sure you will have fun!

• Like 1

Thats $58,000 and $81,000 respectively Landed, Complied and Registered!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for the info guys. I wonder when the sticker made its way on to the boot, whether it was at the factory if it was at the end of the production line or a previous owner; I have no idea. At the end of the day I'm not fussed if it's a V-Spec 1 or 2, I just wanted to know so that if I ever sold it down the track I would know exactly what it is that I am selling on to someone else.

Good luck this weekend Bob! :D At the very least I'm sure you will have fun!

Thanks mate.........

It would have been a previous owner who put the sticker on.

Just get a hair dryer and peel it of gently after heating it up.

It's totally in the wrong spot anyway!

Here's an earlier photo of mine but it has it in the correct spot.

Cheers,

Bob.

post-78207-0-08806500-1403508210_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. Sounds like a diesel, piece of crap. For sure it's only done 70k with a peeled plenum like that and the bubble on the dash is an additional feature.

Oh it's running out of fuel but it stills revs, wtf!?

I'm staying in a hotel and needed a laugh hence I thank you Bob :)

After watching the second video I give him credit "I think this one is already sold but call in to confirm"...sales 101

Caveat "I think this will sell in the next few days"

Hmmm, is it sold or not or confused