SAU Community

Wta 2013 Discussion

GTR32G

I like how they added the Corvette to the super car list. But since they now allow for turbo’s or supercharging in clubsprint may find a Dodge Viper slap a supercharger kit on for 800hp LOL. Pity they don’t make the Yoko tyres to suit the size rims on the Viper so I get to chose my own tyres J bouns!

Let’s see if they add the Viper to the supercar list on the next update now….

After looking on carsales found five Mclaren MP4-12C for sale, so if you have the coin and want to win clubsprint this would be your best bet so far till they add that one to supercar list.

But while I’m at it let mention a few more cars eligible at the moment Aston Martins, TVR, Merc SLS, Jaguar XJ220 and Lotus, can go on and on all they need is rally rego to run…

So now this has been brought to WTA attention may give SAU members a better chance if they get the above cars banned….

If a control tyre is used do you think it will represent a better comparison between cars? Does using only one type of tyre mean that it really will pit engine and chassis against one another on a leveller playing field?

Not saying I necessarily agree with the rules of only using Yokis (which I don't) but something to consider perhaps?

Im just wondering about the teams that arn't sponsored by yoko? i wonder if they'll sell the tyres cheaper for competitors if they have to use them.

Thats awesome its october, should actually be able to head up this year. :woot:

they don't even really offer significant discounts to IPRA who have had contracts with Yoko for control tyres nationwide for over a decade!

with this increase in "demand" count yourself luck if they don't jack the prices up! Or if you can even get enough tyres for the event for that matter.

Last year there was a scarce supply of AD08s for a few months in many sizes. I know a few friends who were waiting a while, and some who still were lucky and got them from Overseas sources... in a week. They weren't willing to wait for stock :)

Hopefully Yoko realise and get a HEAP of stock in well in advance given lots of testing will be going on as well.

.....got them from Overseas sources...

And that is by far the best choice if you are sure you are going to be there. We used to buy a few sets from jp and get them shipped over in a container for about 1/2 local price. Not to mention local stock is also often very old by the time you get it

Anyone from yoko reading this just choked on their cornflakes, and will be thinking about how to mark locally delivered tyres.

You can't get them shipping from the US... easily... anymore. Dunno about JPN though.

Yoko AUS had Yoko US/JPN put a stop to places like tirerack.com shipping early last year. But at the same time Yoko AUS did drop the pricing of the AD08s so they were only marginally more expensive than if you had them shipped from tirerack.com - which had needed to happen. Still a premium but it was nowhere near what it was back in 2011 where it was a solid $800 more as i remember getting a quote and nearly fell off my chair.

Problem was then due to that, all of a sudden there was no stock in a few of the larger sizes for 18s :merli:

I'll be going again this year.

Family wedding in august and I thought I would have to miss it, lucky me they moved it to october lol.

Any of you homedawgs going again ?

Will be nice to see the cars cleaned up a bit.

That surprising, he had been in it since the start. Was it expense that was the cause or something else?

Ian didn't go to much into it, but I do think its expenses and the lack of pace...

Iconic car for Superlap as it has been there since the first.... Will be a lesser event bc of this !

Maybe Mark Berry has heard all the work getting done to Steve's R34 @ Pro Fab :)

Whats the plans for the car once it's done Steve you running WTA or going racing?

I can only dream of sequential boxes and hammer head aero lol

Should be entering....knowing well that weight and lack of aero will hold me back

Would like to turn up with a solid package that keeps with the "spirit" of Superlap :)

Ian didn't go to much into it, but I do think its expenses and the lack of pace...

Iconic car for Superlap as it has been there since the first.... Will be a lesser event bc of this !

I can only dream of sequential boxes and hammer head aero lol

Should be entering....knowing well that weight and lack of aero will hold me back

Would like to turn up with a solid package that keeps with the "spirit" of Superlap :)

Mark's merely taking a break because he's been working/living interstate expanding their business (yet again!) while his wife and young family are in Qld and seldom get to see him. Any spare time he gets is spent NOT working on cars.... Time for a bit of family time.

Hardly taking a break due to "expences" or "lack of pace". What a fkn crock of shit mate (edit: That is how bullshyte rumours start).

Obviously discussions have been had between Ian and Mark,

I'm not one to start rumours, rather disappointed the car won't be turning up. Totally understand the family decisions associated with running a business.

Maybe its a way to get mark motivated, a bit of crap from the event organiser who is probably cut mark is not attending.

:cheers:

Mark's merely taking a break because he's been working/living interstate expanding their business (yet again!) while his wife and young family are in Qld and seldom get to see him. Any spare time he gets is spent NOT working on cars.... Time for a bit of family time.

Hardly taking a break due to "expences" or "lack of pace". What a fkn crock of shit mate (edit: That is how bullshyte rumours start).

"taking a break due to lack of pace" Thats some funny shit right there. :rofl2:

However Its the 32 I would miss the most. I would crawl across broken glass just to hear that car on full song.

I know a couple of people who are actually "taking a break" so to speak from time attack this year.

They are hesitant to spend more money trying to be competitive and are waiting to see how the event travels under new rules. They are glad the new regs came but are wanting to see whats actually enforced before changing their "illegal" cars.

Does that mean the 32 won't be attending either?

It was the best sounding car last year

That is exactly not true my friend! :D

Mark plans to absolutely be there in the R32 resplendent in its screaming splendor!

It's a "jump in and drive" proposition, and is still on the trailer from last year and is ready to go again! Goes the show just what a fkn awesome car it is.

He'd take the 34 but it needs a little reworking to remain within the rules. Time doesn't allow, so 32 @ 9k+ it is! :)