SAU Community

Time For Insurance

Shannon's wanted $2700 for my taxi spec 250GT. Even though I have 60% NCB, over 30, clean history, and was with them for 6 years with my 200, etc... went to Just Cars instead. Also saved 1k by insuring the 200 with LSV

Just insured with Lumley Special Vehicles. Found them to be the best price and not as stringent at what Shannon's wanted.

Paying $1,150 for the 2006 V36 350GT SP.

Gave me the agreed value I wanted and didn't kick up a stink about it not being in a garage.

You could also try Dawes Underwriting agency. I have been told they do imports and exotics. Reason why I didn't go with them is that they wanted a proposal form filled out prior to offering me any price. It was much easier to call Lumley and do it over the phone without a hassle.

Good luck with insurance.

Just insured with Lumley Special Vehicles. Found them to be the best price and not as stringent at what Shannon's wanted.

Paying $1,150 for the 2006 V36 350GT SP.

Gave me the agreed value I wanted and didn't kick up a stink about it not being in a garage.

You could also try Dawes Underwriting agency. I have been told they do imports and exotics. Reason why I didn't go with them is that they wanted a proposal form filled out prior to offering me any price. It was much easier to call Lumley and do it over the phone without a hassle.

Good luck with insurance.

'I think Lumley wont accept any FI modded cars and accidents in the last 5 years?

• 2 weeks later...

Just rang around some insurance companies.. I WAS paying $1650 premium with NRMA with my mum as owner but it goes off the youngest driver anyway, I'm 21.

JustCar just quoted me $862 (lowest premium, highest excess) and $2200 excess.. Pretty stoked about that.. Got $1100 refund off NRMA also :)

Lumley is who i am now with, car $30,000 $980 or something, $500 excess. With turbo $1500ish, windscreen cover, rating one protection.

NRMA is a rip, i had 2 vehicles with them, they were not willing to price match anyone to keep my business, they didnt even ask the price match amount...

Just car was $1400 but value $20,900. LSV rock !

• 2 months later...

I just called Lumley Special vehicles - they do a discount for members of the Skylines Australia forums. :wub:

For 2003 350GT coupe - a value of $22k, $500 excess, I was quoted $616.

Windscreen + rating 1 were an extra $100 total.

Has anyone had to make a claim through them before?

NORMA are famous for bumping premiums and hoping you just pay up without noticing. Works with commercial entities more than private though.

Also, using the law of averages to extreme, the longer you go without an accident means one is coming sooner, so premiums creep up to entice you to shift your business for when you have to claim.