SAU Community

Will Cold Air Box Kit From Jj Pass As An Enclosed Box On Pods?

I was recently Red Stickered, requiring me to get a blue slip or full inspection, I currently have pod filters exposed, but have found this kit on Just Jap for very cheap,

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=17334&cat=272&page=3

I'm wondering if this kit is enclosed enough, allowing me to pass the inspection. Also i live in NSW

Thanks for any help!

Speak to the person u plan to use for the inspection first to avoid dissapointment.... I run the 34gtt version and am happy with it but am yet to see what the cops say, I think it should be ok but suggest checking first :)

They are no better than the box in the first post for legality!

I don't understand, the ARC is an enclosed box, the SRI from JJ is a pod cover ?

I'm seriously considering the ARC box but if its the same as pods then screw that!

Edited by geetea-are

Lol they arent enclosed the top of the box IS the intake and IMO they look good but are crap as they suck nothing but gutloads of hot air out of the engine bay. My car had 1 and when i upgraded the turbo i ditched it quick smart. If you own a GTR thought the stock air box isnt a restriction till around 400kw??? Id gladly pay $330 to be legit and also sucking cold air :yes:

I had problem with that about 2 years ago. The Cop's interpretation was: Only one "intake mod" is legally allowed, means its either an aftermarket intercooler or an aftermarket induction system, not both. Not stock is aftermarket.